Hollard JUMA 2015: Rocking the new routes

News bot

To all the people whinging and moaning about the JUMA. A few points to consider:

Bottlenecks: I have seen more bottlenecks at Trailseeker and USN races this year than at JUMA last year. It is a fact of life. Sadly there will always be bring-your-bike-hikers, no matter where you go. Even on SANI2C from what I have heard.

Algae in the storm drains: BOOHOO! Clearly you have never done a river crossing or ridden a wooden bridge after weeks of rain if this is an issue. it is a PART OF NATURE even though it is in a man made structure. Ponds and puddle and stream crossings have the same issue but do you hear anyone complaining to Trailseeker(as an example) organizers that they need to clean the rivers? Besides, I have never heard a spruit rider moan about this.

Metal Bridges: Have you never ridden a slick rock section? That is far scarier than a level straight line metal bridge.

I know I am not the best rider, far from it in my books. I do give the hikers a load of crap during a race. But seriously, if you find the JUMA to be that bad, how are you even a mountain biker? Nature is far tougher and trickier. Common sense and less windgat moves will prevent you getting hurt in ANY race.

So as my buddy would say.... Chow a bag of concrete and HTFU! Grow a pair and have some fun.

Yes, last year was not very well organised, but it was THE FIRST OF IT's KIND in SA. Give the guys a break. So they learn. This year will be much better! And next year even more so!

USN has been running for a few years now and just look at the Stoke City race this year, what a colossal F*** UP! 

So take this race for what it is, a fun ride through Joburg in way that cant normally be done! HAVE FUN!!

Thank you for taking the time to write this.

All I got from it was "everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it's wrong"

BTW, the Juma is certainly not the "first of it's kind".

There has been a couple of similar type races, but not with the scale of sponsorship this one has.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people whinging and moaning about the JUMA. A few points to consider:

Bottlenecks: I have seen more bottlenecks at Trailseeker and USN races this year than at JUMA last year. It is a fact of life. Sadly there will always be bring-your-bike-hikers, no matter where you go. Even on SANI2C from what I have heard.

Algae in the storm drains: BOOHOO! Clearly you have never done a river crossing or ridden a wooden bridge after weeks of rain if this is an issue. it is a PART OF NATURE even though it is in a man made structure. Ponds and puddle and stream crossings have the same issue but do you hear anyone complaining to Trailseeker(as an example) organizers that they need to clean the rivers? Besides, I have never heard a spruit rider moan about this.

Metal Bridges: Have you never ridden a slick rock section? That is far scarier than a level straight line metal bridge.

I know I am not the best rider, far from it in my books. I do give the hikers a load of crap during a race. But seriously, if you find the JUMA to be that bad, how are you even a mountain biker? Nature is far tougher and trickier. Common sense and less windgat moves will prevent you getting hurt in ANY race.

So as my buddy would say.... Chow a bag of concrete and HTFU! Grow a pair and have some fun.

Yes, last year was not very well organised, but it was THE FIRST OF IT's KIND in SA. Give the guys a break. So they learn. This year will be much better! And next year even more so!

USN has been running for a few years now and just look at the Stoke City race this year, what a colossal F*** UP! 

So take this race for what it is, a fun ride through Joburg in way that cant normally be done! HAVE FUN!!

Do you recommend a local concrete like PPC or should I get imported stuff like Lafarge?

:thumbup:  :thumbup: :devil:  :devil:  

Wow there's a load of whingeing here! The formula is simple:

Enter / don't enter.

Go in with right attitude / wrong attitude.

Pay / don't pay.

Consent is voluntary, so don't sign on the dotted line if you don't like the vibe.

Simplicity.

Namaste.

Guest notmyname

Wow there's a load of whingeing here! The formula is simple:

Enter / don't enter.

Go in with right attitude / wrong attitude.

Pay / don't pay.

Consent is voluntary, so don't sign on the dotted line if you don't like the vibe.

Simplicity.

Namaste.

Pearls wisdom for a Thursday.... What on earth will you distribute tomorrow...?

Well said!

Toughen up and ride!

Do you recommend a local concrete like PPC or should I get imported stuff like Lafarge?

:thumbup:  :thumbup: :devil:  :devil:  

Go with local, as you know Africa is not for sissies so our concrete must be tougher than the rest!  :thumbup:

Guest notmyname

Go with local, as you know Africa is not for sissies so our concrete must be tougher than the rest! :thumbup:

The people also have a reputation of being able to break a wrecking ball. Just saying...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :devil: :devil:

I have a corner on the house I just gnaw at. Dunno what they used in the olden days but if the house is still standing it will work for me.