News bot

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how they will seed people in the juma? Will they take your index into account or talk it on your word during the entry?

Anyone know how they will seed people in the juma? Will they take your index into account or talk it on your word during the entry?

From what I understand, they are using SAS for timing so I am sure they will use our indexes for batching. The times you select during entry mean nothing apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also looking for the route  / profile.

I have to go on record and say that they did do a lot to add new paths and fix some sections, worth 1.5mil... not sure.

Any case I am hyped !

Seeding is out and used SAS.. LOTS OF BATCHES ! See below from SAS email

Batches for the 54km: A. B, C, D, E, F, J, L, N, P, R, T, V, X, Z, ZB
Batches for the 22km:
I, K, M, O, Q, R, T, V, W, Y, ZA, ZC

07h00    54km - Batches 10 mins apart

08h20    22km - Batches 10 mins apart (From 08h20 54km & 22km batches will alternate)

12h00    1km - 4 to 6 Years Old

12h30    2km - 7 to 9 Years Old

12h30    Prize Giving

To all the people whinging and moaning about the JUMA. A few points to consider:

Bottlenecks: I have seen more bottlenecks at Trailseeker and USN races this year than at JUMA last year. It is a fact of life. Sadly there will always be bring-your-bike-hikers, no matter where you go. Even on SANI2C from what I have heard.

Algae in the storm drains: BOOHOO! Clearly you have never done a river crossing or ridden a wooden bridge after weeks of rain if this is an issue. it is a PART OF NATURE even though it is in a man made structure. Ponds and puddle and stream crossings have the same issue but do you hear anyone complaining to Trailseeker(as an example) organizers that they need to clean the rivers? Besides, I have never heard a spruit rider moan about this.

Metal Bridges: Have you never ridden a slick rock section? That is far scarier than a level straight line metal bridge.

I know I am not the best rider, far from it in my books. I do give the hikers a load of crap during a race. But seriously, if you find the JUMA to be that bad, how are you even a mountain biker? Nature is far tougher and trickier. Common sense and less windgat moves will prevent you getting hurt in ANY race.

So as my buddy would say.... Chow a bag of concrete and HTFU! Grow a pair and have some fun.

Yes, last year was not very well organised, but it was THE FIRST OF IT's KIND in SA. Give the guys a break. So they learn. This year will be much better! And next year even more so!

USN has been running for a few years now and just look at the Stoke City race this year, what a colossal F*** UP! 

So take this race for what it is, a fun ride through Joburg in way that cant normally be done! HAVE FUN!!

To all the people whinging and moaning about the JUMA. A few points to consider:

Bottlenecks: I have seen more bottlenecks at Trailseeker and USN races this year than at JUMA last year. It is a fact of life. Sadly there will always be bring-your-bike-hikers, no matter where you go. Even on SANI2C from what I have heard.

Algae in the storm drains: BOOHOO! Clearly you have never done a river crossing or ridden a wooden bridge after weeks of rain if this is an issue. it is a PART OF NATURE even though it is in a man made structure. Ponds and puddle and stream crossings have the same issue but do you hear anyone complaining to Trailseeker(as an example) organizers that they need to clean the rivers? Besides, I have never heard a spruit rider moan about this.

Metal Bridges: Have you never ridden a slick rock section? That is far scarier than a level straight line metal bridge.

I know I am not the best rider, far from it in my books. I do give the hikers a load of crap during a race. But seriously, if you find the JUMA to be that bad, how are you even a mountain biker? Nature is far tougher and trickier. Common sense and less windgat moves will prevent you getting hurt in ANY race.

So as my buddy would say.... Chow a bag of concrete and HTFU! Grow a pair and have some fun.

Yes, last year was not very well organised, but it was THE FIRST OF IT's KIND in SA. Give the guys a break. So they learn. This year will be much better! And next year even more so!

USN has been running for a few years now and just look at the Stoke City race this year, what a colossal F*** UP! 

So take this race for what it is, a fun ride through Joburg in way that cant normally be done! HAVE FUN!!

Agree in large... when did we become such a bunch of whiney little girls! 

Oh, I can't wait for Monday. It's gonna be like Friday.  :ph34r:  :whistling:

The amount of unseeded riders a.k.a The 100-Club in the 22km sits at 40% and on the 54km it sits at 20%. 

Hopefully all goes well! You guys must enjoy the ride. Gooi mielies!

Some final advice: "Hesitation Devistation!".