Video: Chasing Summer in South Africa

News bot

Ever been tempted to give up everything you have to start a new life some place new? That’s what Rob J did in 2002 at the start of a journey that would see him become a professional mountain biker. Here he goes back to his roots to rediscover the country that launched his career: South Africa.

Click here to view the article

Awesome video! This belongs in the Time to Get the Hell Out of Here thread.

Also, can someone tell me where the trails are from 3:54?

First segment is Conters, 3:20 - 3:55 is G Spot, then up to 4:15 is *I think* The Glen (Top of Kloof Nek going down towards C Bay - Illegal trail); 4:15 - 5:15 is Old Jonkers (DH Line, Canaries, never ending etc) and from then I think it's a mix of Meerendal and G, with a bias towards Meerendal (the view from the top as he's winding down the ST is definitely Meerendal)

Edited by El Capitan

Pure gold... that has ruined my work ethic for the day!  Time for a quick blast to the mountain.

Also slot that into the SA Trail vs the rest of the world thread. Awesome!

First segment is Conters, 3:20 - 3:55 is G Spot, then up to 4:15 is *I think* The Glen (Top of Kloof Nek going down towards C Bay - Illegal trail); 4:15 - 5:15 is Old Jonkers (DH Line, Canaries, never ending etc) and from then I think it's a mix of Meerendal and G, with a bias towards Meerendal (the view from the top as he's winding down the ST is definitely Meerendal)

It is the Glen. Sssshhhh don't tell anyone ;)

This is great. Can't stop the itch to get out and ride this afternoon ASAP after work!! Also an awesome soundtrack, suites the content perfectly!  :thumbup:

I will be duly klapping a full on Conties, Hoogies and Meerendal lap tomorrow thanks to this awesome footage.

I will be duly klapping a full on Conties, Hoogies and Meerendal lap tomorrow thanks to this awesome footage.

Hoogies is possibly closed for building, check with the club prior..

Edit: Ignore me.. its open...

Edited by Raydek