FNB Wines2Whales celebrates the opening of A-2-Z trail in Grabouw

News bot

On Saturday, 13 June 2015 the organizers of the FNB Wines2Whales (W2W) MTB Events together with Cape Pine and Cape Trails, will open to the public the latest addition to the 2015 FNB W2W MTB route, the A-2-Z Trail in Grabouw.

Click here to view the article

And this trail just got added to my list of trails to ride. This sounds absolutely awesome! I can't wait to be honest!

The most fantastic trail ever, took me back to my childhood days, just flying through the forest, pulling your ears back like a rabbit, "no brakes", no thinking, just smiles all the way!!

This trail is the reason I RIDE, cause I want to go back and ride it again and again ;-) 

Thanx to everyone involved building such a dream trail !! 

Much appreciated and enjoyed !!

The most fantastic trail ever, took me back to my childhood days, just flying through the forest, pulling your ears back like a rabbit, "no brakes", no thinking, just smiles all the way!!

This trail is the reason I RIDE, cause I want to go back and ride it again and again ;-) 

Thanx to everyone involved building such a dream trail !! 

Much appreciated and enjoyed !!

Sounds like a goodie, will be trying it on Monday :)

SO i am guessing it starts at the Country Club and also that it is clearly marked for people that does not know that part that well?

This past weekend a few of the A-Z trails were closed due to felling of tree's affected by the fires earlier in the year. I doubt they will be cleared by the 13th ?

I wonder if the trail will form part of the Nissan Trail seeker round later in June?

untill you post a ride report on Zambia, you will be banned from any other posting.... :whistling:

This past weekend a few of the A-Z trails were closed due to felling of tree's affected by the fires earlier in the year. I doubt they will be cleared by the 13th ?

yes we were the about a month ago, 2-3 trails affected by felling, went back again on Saturday and was a little disappointed as there were another 2-3 of the A-Z trails affected.

Still probably 1 of the best places to ride!

• 1 year later...

We were there on Saturday. A-C is rideable, but very washed away in places. D-F has been logged, and it looks like Blikkiesdrift has been logged as well. We took the Rocky Garden to bypass blikkiesdrift, but the bridge at the bottom is dead. Trail is rideable from O onwards, but very washed away in a lot of places with sand all over the show. My riding partner went OTB into a huge hole in one of the puddles where it has been washed away.

The trail builders will have to make a different plan wrt the drainage strategy here, and it remains to be seen whether they will do any maintenance until just before W2W.