Dodgy Buyer!

Brewster

Just catching up on this thread with a Saturday morning coffee.

How did OP know the guy had a Congolese accent if he was only contacted via sms? ????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, if I had know I would of strung him on for months ;)

I love finding the fake adds on olx or gum tree, can mess them around for weeks. hahaha

I'm new to the BikeHub, just posted an Ad and had a person called "France" sms me trying to get me to ship me bike to him before the payment clears, said he would email proof of payment etc. I did phone him and he could barely speak english, and was going on about how he needs the bike in a hurry for his son's 21st, he also wanted me to ship the bike via InterCape to JHB and to use his drivers name as the recipient.

A friend of mine also has a bike for sale here, and he got a similar sms from "France" trying the same stunt.

He may legit, but the way he tried to get us to ship our bikes of in a hurry made us both feel very uneasy.

Hi The Big Cheese,

Welcome!

"france" is a known scammer, see here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/154028-scammer-list/

Could you perhaps share the cell number he contacted you from?

Thanks,

Matt