Marathon World Champs incentives for SA riders

News bot

Belgium always perform at cx worlds.why are we more like France at type de France when it comes to marathon mtb racing?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to Matt Beers who actually went and finished - respect. I saw on the results he is only 21!! If that's the case there is a bright future for him. Agree that more guys should have been sent. Robin at least said that she was not 100% and wouldn't be able to give worlds a good go...Max well didn't know he didn't go/opted not to go. Must say was surprised by his selection, but that's my opinion. Perhaps there should be local races that replicate the next world distance and accent to get CSA to select the best suitable candidates to send. Anybody know of a local race that was equivalent to the world's distance and accent?

At 87km with 4700m of climbing for the men (and 60km with 3400m ascent for the women) they are by no means dime a dozen. The biggest days in the Epic don't even get close to that.

At 87km with 4700m of climbing for the men (and 60km with 3400m ascent for the women) they are by no means dime a dozen. The biggest days in the Epic don't even get close to that.

The Attakwas does not even get close to the ladies race, not even mentioning the mens race and atta is double the distance of the ladies race!

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

is that a normal course? That's over 5% gradient if it was just an uphill, so average of the climbing is probably double that. Might as well call it world uphill champs

My colleague in Italy did the race. Few thousand entries. He is not that bad a cyclist and the course took him almost 9hrs

I see Lakata's winning time was 4h24!

My colleague in Italy did the race. Few thousand entries. He is not that bad a cyclist and the course took him almost 9hrs

For example; the average time on Day 2 of Sani is somewhere between 6 and 7 hours. That is only 1900m of climbing.

Sella Ronda is almost exactly two and a half times that.  I'd say 9 hours isn't bad at all on that course.

I find it surprising that Sauser beat Kulhavy, after obviously being the weaker partner in the Epic.

And I'm pretty sure Lakata also weighs around 75+kg

Edited by SpilledCoffee