Specialized creates a complete aerodynamic ecosystem around new S-Works Venge

News bot

Specialized Bicycle Components has always worked to provide riders with more than just new products, instead choosing to elevate the rider’s experience with technically advanced products that provide real-world performance benefits. To this end, Specialized built its very own Win Tunnel in 2013, and since then, has been pushing the limits of aerodynamic engineering and design. And now, Specialized is proud to introduce an aero ecosystem of five best-in-class products that, individually, lead their respective fields in aerodynamic advantage, but together, shatter the mold of aero possibility by saving the rider more than five minutes over forty kilometers.

Click here to view the article

So the skin suit is the single biggest time saver after the complete bike.

Time to suck in that boep and buy one of those skin suit type tops, cheaper than buying a whole bike, wheel set

might be faster but looks silly.

ride a bike with rounds metal tubes please.

well done to Spez for keeping people employed to sit in wind tunnels and play on computers though.

With all these nice add ons in aero you could do that 40km in half an hour almost !

Only if u ride in a wind tunnel

might be faster but looks silly.

ride a bike with rounds metal tubes please.

well done to Spez for keeping people employed to sit in wind tunnels and play on computers though.

Might be faster to ride a two-wheeled contraption with wheels, but looks silly.

Use your feet please.

Well done to bicycle manufacturers for keeping people employed to sit in a factory and play with that silly welding machine.

Literally mind boggling. Spaceship parachute material in the shoes, Insane. And I thought sky was anal with their marginal gains.

those numbers mean very little without an average speed.

Tis true

Many moons ago when TT bars became popular I read a report that said they only start making a noticeable difference at speeds higher than 32 km/h

Haters gonna hate. I think the bike and helmet look awesome. You can keep the lace up shoes

those numbers mean very little without an average speed.

Or a wattage number.

Another thing to remember is that each of those savings are off the slow base. You can't keep subtracting little bits here and there until it hits 0mins to do 40km.

Biggest thing to remember is that these figures are not taking peloton riding into account. If you like TTs well go buy one, but there is a reason most guys in the pro pelaton still opt for the Tarmac. Even though I'm sure there is tons of pressure to ride the more marketable "faster" bikes.

The thing is, that these "numbers" are very marketable because they are definable. Much like weight. You can measure it there for the better the number the better the bike.... Well to the marketers at least :)

It's like Spez and the Evade helmet thing at the Epic, yes absolutely it saves time, you can prove it! but in proportion to a good nights rest? A good energy bar? A decent dump? It's all relative :)

I'm sure the irritation of riding without chamois cream would have made Kulhavey slower than if he rode wth a normal Prevail helmet :P

Edited by Patchelicious