Disappointed in coach Swen Lauer - swenlauer.com

MarcL

UPDATE 7 - The Final

Progress!!! Thanks to the power of theHUB with no less the 36 000 views and 460 comments, Swen Lauer has paid up!!!

Granted it was only €300 but as already stated €300 is better than €0

Yes I do still feel hard done by, but I will chalk this one up to experience and add it to the total cost of my Cape Epic experience, which by all accounts will be substantial - Hope it's worth it?

So lessons learnt:

- theHUB rocks!!!!

- "UCI credited" means nothing when it comes to ethics

- Get a real reference

- Shop around

- Never pay in advance

- Did I mention theHUB rocks!!!

So I lost €300 and Swen Lauer did some serious damage his reputation, I hope it was worth it Swen Lauer?

All this could have been avoided if Swen Lauer just did the right thing from day one....

Happy trails this weekend!

(And time for a new topic)

Best Friday post ever!

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE 7 - The Final

Progress!!! Thanks to the power of theHUB with no less the 36 000 views and 460 comments, Swen Lauer has paid up!!!

Yes I do still feel hard done by, but I will chalk this one up to experience and add it to the total cost of my Cape Epic experience, which by all accounts will be substantial - Hope it's worth it?

So lessons learnt:

- theHUB rocks!!!!

- Get a real reference

- Shop around

- Never pay in advance

So I lost €300 and Swen Lauer did some serious damage his reputation, I hope it was worth it Swen Lauer?

All this could have been avoided if Swen Lauer just did the right thing from day one....

Glad to hear you got half of it back. 

I say let's keep this thread going to avoid anybody else in the future getting hurt by Swen Lauer 's (UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school) unethical, unlawful, arrogant and idiotic behaviour. 

Swen, just give the man what you owe him. All of it. 

Glad to hear you got half of it back. 

I say let's keep this thread going to avoid anybody else in the future getting hurt by Swen Lauer 's (UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school) unethical, unlawful, arrogant and idiotic behaviour. 

Swen, just give the man what you owe him. All of it. 

Let's keep the thread going until MR Swen shares his side of the story.

edit : or you have all your money

Arrogant stubborn proper chop in my books

DO THE RIGHT THING AND PAY THE MAN HIS MONEY, ALL OF IT

UPDATE 7 - The Final

So lessons learnt:

- theHUB rocks!!!!

- Get a real reference

- Shop around

- Never pay in advance

..did he ever tell you why he just stopped sending you the program? 

Guest notmyname

The administration ninjas will be locking thus down soon. What a ride man. Thanks for letting it roll admin.

The problem is now that an agreement has been reached and payment made.  There is no contractual way of going forward to obtain the rest as unfortunately the OP accepted the terms and payment.

As a compromise has been reached, then I would expect this thread to be closed shortly.

Good that you managed to get something back !!

The problem is now that an agreement has been reached and payment made.  There is no contractual way of going forward to obtain the rest as unfortunately the OP accepted the terms and payment.

As a compromise has been reached, then I would expect this thread to be closed shortly.

Good that you managed to get something back !!

It would constitute rash and irresponsible behaviour by admin if this thread was locked down. What about all the future newbies who will win Epic entries and look for a coach. If this thread is not here then they will have no way of knowing what type of person Swen Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school is.

This is the only accurate review of Swen available currently.

Sure, the thread will fade into background, but it must surely stay were a search for "Swen Lauer" will bring it right back.  

UPDATE 7 - The Final

So lessons learnt:

- theHUB rocks!!!!

- Get a real reference

- Shop around

- Never pay in advance

Nice result, Marc. Don't think I can convince my friend to follow this path, but then she did fly down the Cobra this morning, so she has been brave once today. (yes, you know who you are!) :)

If not, it has been fun(ny).

You really are in luck. I can give you a new training program for €300. Only available to you though.

My training programme is available for 300lbs. And it is free. AND easy.

Dammit although that is good news I would like to hear why Swen Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school :

Never gave you the rest of the program

Why he waited until now to make u half a payment

And I would really like to hear Swen Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school side of the story with regards to everything that has been said. Dont he have a backbone to at least try and save some face

Dammit although that is good news I would like to hear why Swen Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school :Never gave you the rest of the programWhy he waited until now to make u half a paymentAnd I would really like to hear Swen Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school side of the story with regards to everything that has been said. Dont he have a backbone to at least try and save some face

Maybe he can do an expose on Mnet and my story and tell us half the story why Swen Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school only paid half the money..

So you getting back 50% of what you paid, yet you only got 2 weeks out of a planned 6 month program, or 8.33% of the product he was selling.

OP: I dont know how you can be happy with numbers like that. that's a horrible ROI, and Swen Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school is laughing all the way to his next overseas trip.

Somehow this ending make ME feel somewhat cheated. Although this trip was a South African Epic in itself, HALF THE BUCKS sounds like its a mega cop-out and Capricorn's right, Swen Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school still scored a deal here.

I doubt very much anyone will ever get him to own up to exactly what happened here, so needless to say, for one and all his reputation will remain a heap of bollie.

Hope my free training program was pulled because the sponsor was starting to put on some heat. At least that would make me think the other 300 smackers was worth its weight.

Anyway, thanx to all for the ride. It was EPIC.

Archived