On test: Garmin Fenix 3

Matt

We were lucky enough to receive the much hyped Garmin fenix 3 for review recently. The fenix 3 is Garmins’s do-all sports watch touted as an “Uncompromising Multisport Training GPS Watch”. It includes the Altimeter, Barometer and Compass functions one would expect in such a device along with GPS / GLONASS and GPS navigation, WiFi, Bluetooth, ANT+ and the list goes on.

Click here to view the article

Evo and EasyBike have much better Pricing.

R7200 for Gray/red Performance Bundle.

Great Watch, but don't expect much from the BlueTooth integration to phone...

+1 on the Bluetooth - no issues whatsoever.

Been pleasantly surprised with the battery as well. So far a single charge has lasted about 10days (although been travelling so haven't had the GPS on much).

So far been really impressed with it!

Had mine since early April.

Zero issues.

Battery last weeks with no activity, and longest I done is about 4h30 on it and still had 60% left.

Had the fenix3 for a while and its cool, but IMO not worth the 7500 or 8500 price tag.  I was very disappointed in the Garmin Q apps, but hopefully they will improve. I ended up selling the F3 and went back to a fenix 2.

Only issues I had with the F3 was battery life was probably half that of hat I got from the F2 ( maybe due to Bluetooth connection with my phn as on the F2 I don't use the Bluetooth )and at random intervals the F3 would get very hot, actually felt the heat on my writs…. worried me a bit.

Also read there are GPS accuracy issues, but I don’t need that accurate GPS as im not a mountaineer, for them a gps that is 10 meters out is a massive issue, for me as a runner / mtber not so much.