On Test: Giant Reign Advanced 1

Iwan Kemp

I was in Rotorua in New Zealand last year for a week and every second bike is a Reign - and that is not the rental fleet.

There are a couple of Yetis, Santa cruzs and others around, but the standard go to bike for enduro trail DH stuff there seems to be the Reign. Everyone seemed to love it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"In short, the greater offset reduces trail which helps offset the increase in trail due to the slacker head angle"

the offset in trail is offset by increasing the decrease in offset which offsets reducing the increase in offset. simple really.

Ah. So the only LARGE advanced in the country. Gotcha.

Others in other sizes?

Med as far as I know. 

Great review there Mr Mayhew, absolutely superb. But, and I know its not Friday yet, is it better than the Spez/ Spaz enduro :ph34r:

Name change. Ricky Bobby. It just wants to go fast

There was a fellow with a Reign at Hoogekraal this afternoon - he arrived as I was leaving. But it must have been an older one cos it didn't look anything like that - bloody lovely looking bike, really wish I had cash and the talent to use it properly.

The Shermanator has landed.

Oh. It's not mine yet. It's the hub test bike, but I just have it while Iwan is working and cannot ride.

The real test will be coming when he gets it.

Name change. Ricky Bobby. It just wants to go fast

Wahahahahaha good one,"Let's shake and bake"