vets league becoming a joke

butafly

Ok, guys...give Falcon Sports a chance to actually sort all of this out. It's the first time the PPA has given the running of the league to an outside contractor so of course it's not going to run 100%.

The league sub-comittee is meeting tonight (I'm part of it) and some suggestions will be made. For one, I'm going to suggest they have a list at the table for league entries where you sign in...that way you acknowledge to abide by the rules.

My second suggestion is that if there is a problem or a dispute in whatever league, be it Elite, or Masters etc, a formal appeal is lodged with Falcon Sports, and then the league sub-comittee reviews it and makes a desicion.

Anyone else have a suggestion they'd like to bring to the table?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestions

a) The decisions taken for both rides be re-considered - in the interests of "fairness".

b) That future decisions of this nature be announced (with the reasons explained) on the PPA website to promote a sense of transparency.

Ok' date=' guys...give Falcon Sports a chance to actually sort all of this out. It's the first time the PPA has given the running of the league to an outside contractor so of course it's not going to run 100%.

The league sub-comittee is meeting tonight (I'm part of it) and some suggestions will be made. For one, I'm going to suggest they have a list at the table for league entries where you sign in...that way you acknowledge to abide by the rules.

My second suggestion is that if there is a problem or a dispute in whatever league, be it Elite, or Masters etc, a formal appeal is lodged with Falcon Sports, and then the league sub-comittee reviews it and makes a desicion.

Anyone else have a suggestion they'd like to bring to the table?
[/quote']

My sugestions;

The organisers run through the UCI rules and identify any that are not approporate / applicable - these are then put into a leaflet outlining that apart from these rules, the leagues will be run under UCI rules and that any disputes will be referred to these guidelines.

In this way we have a fair and well thought through set of rules that are used across the world (but minus any that are not appropriate)

A link to these rules can be placed on the Falcons website and riders expected to familiarise themselves with them.

Key rules could also be highlightes in the supplemental guide.

No need to re-invent the wheel.

I would also like to see a startsheet that see's all riders wanting to race sign on 15 mins before the advertised start. Need only be a clipboard with all registered league entrants on it.