Video: SA MTB Champs - Oli Munnik previews the Coetzenburg XCO course

News bot

The 2015 South Africa National MTB XCO and DHI championships are taking placing in Stellenbosch on 18 and 19 July. The newly built course at Coetzenburg will host the XCO races. Watch as Oliver Munnik takes us on guided tour of the Coetzenburg track.

Click here to view the article

A couple of us rode there a few weeks back and there were many riders about, so don't see why not.. 

It is meant to be used as a training ground year-round, free entry. Here is the other video which explains a bit more.

jussis that is lekker. so nice to see maties taking other sports seriously. I was in charge of a sport there for three years and you got no love if your sport didn't have an oval ball.

Frikkin awesome! I'm really amped to go ride just watching this. Stoked this is going to be accessible too :)

Cool stuff! The video doesn't do that rock garden justice though - it's a real rim-killer!

wiped out wholesale in the rock garden...front tyre came off the rim

Looks awesome. Keen to get up here and give it a session, real fun session track by the looks of it. 

Don't normally watch races but am going to head there for this one. 

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question re the race on Saturday. Would it be  possible/advisable to bring a bike along to ride around(not on, around the outside) the course to get around rather than walk?

A quick question re the race on Saturday. Would it be  possible/advisable to bring a bike along to ride around(not on, around the outside) the course to get around rather than walk?

Yes, you may bring your bike with. Would make it easier to get around and see more sections of the course  :)