The Salvage Thread

Eldron

Will put together a summary of the 7 speed stuff for you guys... offhand, I think there is pair of combo brake lever / shifters, an RD/ FD, cassette w built in freebody maybe?

Tnx

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have a 9spd Rear Derailleur to part with? Willing to pay. Thanks

road or mtb?

I might have one for the MTB. Will need to check.

Sounds awesome. Picks?

I posted pics of it in this thread a while back.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/19746-help-needed-finding-out-more-about-hansom/page-5?do=findComment&comment=2717228

In the meantime I have put new 26x1.95 touring tyres which transformed it. Theses are high volume but nearly slick. Low rolling resistance on the tar, but can still handle shoulders, pavements, gravel and some of the tamer parts of the green belt.

I have serviced most of the mechanicals but shifting is still a bit "iffy". I want to get that right next - hence the need for 7 speed parts. Then I want some kind of rack to carry my backpack while commuting. Not sure what do do with the bar ends, they only about half the age of the rest of the bike! Otherwise it would be nice to keep her close to original. No plans to repaint or de-rust, well not yet.

I have no knowledge of its history. Did Hanson build a range of mountain bikes or was this a frame made to suite the whims of an early MTB'er?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I'll give it a shot. I'm looking for an old vintage bike , like a single speed computer , doesn't even need to be functional. The Mrs and I are tying the knot in May and it would be rad to have old skadonk for some cool photo opportunities. If you have anything lying in the shed , barn or field out back drop me a pm. I don't have much to pay but willing to trade parts, services or beer :)

I'm based in Kzn if that helps

Edited by Wolf Lyle

I stripped my righthand crank and loath to buy a new set. However anyone with a spare crank would be appreciated! I ride a giant talon with Shimano crankset.

Ferdi

http://www.freemanscycles.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/r/sram_right_hand_-_5_speed.jpg

I'm looking for a gripshift that someone is willing to let go of.

Its for a DIY, cable actuated quad bike throttle. So it doesn't have to be in suberb

working condition. A standard mtb riserbar will be used for steering.

Would prefer a right hand one. But a left hand one is welcome too.

Shimano Tiagra Shifter. Front is fine but missing return spring rear is a bit poked. 3sp x 8sp.

Gone

Edited by Muzzarati

Julie Magura Brakes

One lever is stripped where you join the hose. I do have the other hose some where.

If anyone's interested in trying to get these to work they're yours.

post-39100-0-07597100-1491469288_thumb.jpg

Truvativ Noir Carbon Crankset

Drive side pedal lug has unglued itself from the the crank arm so feels like you're riding with a large amount of play in your pedal.

post-39100-0-10357000-1491470513_thumb.jpg

Truvativ Noir Carbon Crankset

Drive side pedal lug has unglued itself from the the crank arm so feels like you're riding with a large amount of play in your pedal.

is it fixable?