Froome Braces for Doping questions

shaper

You seem quite vehement.

Aren't you sick of all this BS? I don't watch the tour anymore, i'm seriously really sick of it. Lies after lies after lies. I do watch Greg Minnaar rip up the downhills though, that kind of skill you cannot buy with drugs. 

And the Sydney jibes, really couldn't care.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is my guess that this java oke is a purist at heart. The only bicycle to ride is a downhill/enduro in baggies with flats. Those in lycra, either on road or mtb, are from the dephts of the earth. If he/she/it ever endevours out on the road should remember - hypocrite

Nothing from sky's performance shouted doping or cheating. Froome won due to his team. It has to be a stupid move from them if they or any of the teams did. I would suggest thay if any team is found out, the whole TdF should be cancelled next year....

So nobody has a clever response to Ross Tucker's statement?  Weird.  Must be all that silly "sense" he is making...

I think this thread should be renamed to "The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz Thread: Strawmen welcome"

My personal favourite is the assumption that any potential drug used would have to have been designed for cycling, and cycling doesn't have that kind of R7D money...Yes, because the stuff they use in the NFL, Major League Baseball, NBA, big time athletics (you know, those multi-billion dollar industries) can't be used by cyclists.  As Mr. Galafanakis said, "That's a great spoof".

It is my guess that this java oke is a purist at heart. The only bicycle to ride is a downhill/enduro in baggies with flats. Those in lycra, either on road or mtb, are from the dephts of the earth. If he/she/it ever endevours out on the road should remember - hypocrite

Nothing from sky's performance shouted doping or cheating. Froome won due to his team. It has to be a stupid move from them if they or any of the teams did. I would suggest thay if any team is found out, the whole TdF should be cancelled next year....

I don't own a mountain bike. I'm exclusively road/lycra. I do own a couple of BMX bikes though, since thats my roots.

With regards to your second statement, that exact same statement could have been made of US postal years ago. We had these exact same arguments here on the hub with Armstrong. No they said, he had cancer, never failed a test, his super human performance was totally normal they said. How can we be so negative they said. Lance wouldn't be so stupid, he has so much to lose they said.

I'm telling you, where there is the slightest doubt, where there is the slightest bit of big team PR BS being put in motion, be wary. Be very wary.

Aren't you sick of all this BS?

Frankly, no. I really enjoy watching cycling on the telly and don't give credence or consideration to unfounded suspicion and toy-tossing allegation when I switch over to SuperSport 6.

Given the history of the sport and especially our beloved TDF calling a doubter "bitter" is not correct.

I wonder if Patchelicious and co will still be here should Sky eventually be caught (if they do dope).  I doubt this.........

Given the history of the sport and especially our beloved TDF calling a doubter "bitter" is not correct.

I wonder if Patchelicious and co will still be here should Sky eventually be caught (if they do dope). I doubt this.........

I have said and will say it again. I don't defend Froome or am "pro him".

I am anti bu11shed arguments. And will always debate someone who makes blanket statements but won't debates the merits of that statement.

If Froome gets caught, he must be treated as a doper, I have said this before. But if/when he gets caught it won't make you right or your argument anymore valid.

I have said and will say it again. I don't defend Froome or am "pro him".

I am anti bu11shed arguments. And will always debate someone who makes blanket statements but won't debates the merits of that statement.

If Froome gets caught, he must be treated as a doper, I have said this before. But if/when he gets caught it won't make you right or your argument anymore valid.

Ok so if you had to say what you believe.  Consider the history of the sport and then say what you "think".  Do you think Sky is 100% clean?  Yes or no?

If Froome ever joins the list below, he will get the same bashing as these cheats from me:

Alberto:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alberto-contador-tests-positive-for-clenbuterol/

Valverde: (Handy having a doper helping Quintana in the mountains)

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/jun/01/alejandro-valverde-ban

Scarponi:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/scarponi-admits-tests-with-dr-ferrari-to-doping-investigators/

Let's be honest, we don't know. We're all just speculating as there is no conclusive proof of anything. We just don't know and we're all just making assumptions.

To this end, whether you agree or not, you can see why people would suspect Sky of doping. It's just so familiar. In the same way, they could be clean. We're all making assumptions here so you cannot discount either possibility.

For me, the overall performance of the entire Sky team is a little uncomfortable, but again that is based on my assumptions of what I perceive to be normal.

Does it detract from my enjoyment of Le Tour? Not in the least. If you want to risk your health for my entertainment, please do go right ahead. I am cool with that.

Let's be honest, we don't know. We're all just speculating as there is no conclusive proof of anything. We just don't know and we're all just making assumptions.

To this end, whether you agree or not, you can see why people would suspect Sky of doping. It's just so familiar. In the same way, they could be clean. We're all making assumptions here so you cannot discount either possibility.

For me, the overall performance of the entire Sky team is a little uncomfortable, but again that is based on my assumptions of what I perceive to be normal.

Does it detract from my enjoyment of Le Tour? Not in the least. If you want to risk your health for my entertainment, please do go right ahead. I am cool with that.

it's not that we are cynical, we are just skeptic :ph34r:

And given the history (of not just cycling but sport in general) i think that's okay

I wonder if Patchelicious and co will still be here should Sky eventually be caught (if they do dope).  I doubt this.........

I will be here Garfield. One seriously disappointed Gecko, but still here.

It was a fantastic tour.  I love the balance they have now.  It really felt like a few guys could actually win it.  If the alps had one more stage who knows......  Also the cobblestones and hilly finishes made for some exciting racing.

They should include the team time trial every year.

Consider the following:-  Some teams may have doped leading up to the tour arriving in superior form (or trained at high altitude).  One would have to think it will be stupid doping during the tour as this is the most tested part of the year.  (assuming there is not unknown substances doing the rounds like EPO in the early 90's which was undetectable).

The above would mean the racing would / could actually then be equal in week three..........

Archived