Junior Tour ladies-Fiasco-Michelle Corbet

gypsy

I hope someone at CSA reads these posts and does something about this scenario. CSA should take action and not wait for someone from the public to. CSA should have an enquiry and disqualify Michell Corbett as it seems that there was definitely some shenanigans happening. 

I also think management at the various sponsors (KONICA MINOLTA & MR PRICE) should be made aware of the negative publicity they are receiving.

We want a clean sport and a sport where people achieve on their ability. We certainly do not want a sport where Juniors are taught to win at all costs, even if this involves cheating. Angry

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we wait for the Mothers and Fathers to get home from work before we warm up the popcorn??

gypsy, all fine and well venting your thoughts here, but cycling is after all run according to rules. Those rules are in place to govern this behaviour. It seems like you have a vested interest in getting this girl dq'd. Rather advise whoever's agenda you are promoting to follow the correct procedure.

In my opinion, not that it matters... <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If you look at where her hands are... she is in a very comfortable position...

All the other riders around her are tensed and on the hoods chasing their ases of...

It looks like she got dropped and had sat up... If you look at how extended th other riders arm is... if he was pushing it would have been bet at the elbow! She then would have also been on the hoods pushing as hard as she could!

I think he was just giving her a tap on the shoulder to try and encourage her to carry on and not to give up.

Believe me, I'm dead sure she knows the rules and would never put her Pink jersey in jeopardy just for a push... there also doesn't seem to be another women in sight.

I don?t think we should judge without context! It is somebody?s cycling career on the line and not just some fun rider!

In my opinion, not that it matters... <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If you look at where her hands are... she is in a very comfortable position...

All the other riders around her are tensed and on the hoods chasing their ases of...

It looks like she got dropped and had sat up... If you look at how extended th other riders arm is... if he was pushing it would have been bet at the elbow! She then would have also been on the hoods pushing as hard as she could!

I think he was just giving her a tap on the shoulder to try and encourage her to carry on and not to give up.

Believe me, I'm dead sure she knows the rules and would never put her Pink jersey in jeopardy just for a push... there also doesn't seem to be another women in sight.

I don?t think we should judge without context! It is somebody?s cycling career on the line and not just some fun rider!

[/quote']

Good one Cherry!!!  Maybe there is as BtB said, some vested interest???

That's exactly what I meant, Cherry, if someone is certain of the facts, take it up with the correct race officials, don't debase someones character so easily on an open forum. Me personally, I think gypsy has some sour grapes and is looking to kick up a stink over nothing.

Maybe I'm stupid but that foto does not proof she has been pushed or pulled.

Firstly the guys hand are very high up on her shoulder, if he was pulling hard his hand would have slipped off.

Secondly he is to far away from her to be really of any assistance.

Wasn't this a act of encouragement rather than assistance.

Look at the guy to her right, I would rather say the two of them were riding together.

It is definately worth debating... but we need all the facts!

She will definately know what had happend... and if she cheated, so be it!

I believe in one thing in life and that is justice, it will always prevail! We dont have to do or say anything!

Guest colonel

Why dont we all leave it and leave it up to the Comms to decide what to do with her.

Bob-I have no hidden agenda as i have been involved in cycling for a very long time and I just cant stand cheats. To many times the real talent that abides by the laws and principles of cycling loses to the cheats, whether that be through drugs, using outside assistance etc.

If Juniors are resorting to underhanded tactics now, can you imagine what the future of cycling will be if this kind of action is allowed to carry on. Sponsors should be aware of the actions of those whom they sponsor. No one should take the limelight for something they did not honestly achieve.

Should Michelle be such a person then she would need to bear the consequences of her actions. There is a possibility that Michelle would get to represent SA at Junior Worlds in July in Cape Town based on her performance at the Junior Tour. If this was achieved through cheating then she should not have the oppurtunity of representing SA.

These are of course my personal feelings on the matter and i would think most serious hubbers feel the same.

Angry

Cherry

I agree She know what happened, She have to live with it.

But judging on one foto without any one seeing it, and no input from the 4 persons in that foto no one can say that there was any cheating involved.

Gypsy, and you are parent of??? WE dont have all the evidence here. This bullsh*t of a strained forearm is nonsense. The most effective way to push is lower back or saddle. I think you have a vested interest here but youre hidingn behind another name.

You're far too emotional to not be involved.

How did she do in the race of truth, the TT? That should tell us something about her ability.But dont ruin a young career, even if she did get pushed for 20seconds.

Lets see what she does at road SA's, if she isnt good, she wont win.

But the comms MUST speak to her and esp the MR Price boy.

Not wanting to get involved in the argument as I don't know the people involved or the facts but purely looking at the picture it looks to me as though the male rider is in front of the female and therefore couldn't have been pushing as alleged by gypsy.

Maybe he simply put his hand on her shoulder as he passed. Whenever I have seen someone assisting someone else it would be a push on the back and not being pulled by the shoulder which would be very umcomfortable.

Just my observation.

slowbe pushed once and broke an elbow ......... of the other person - was not popular for a while ....Dead

It is sad that we are going through tons of responses when the official verdict from the comms " AS POSTED EARlIER" was nobody saw the incident to lay official complaint during the event itself. Instead of critizing the young lady/club offer some advise and encouragement to enable her to perform better in the future.

By the way Cherry I believe ladies cycling needs you,even if just as a consultant. Doug cast your mind on this as well