Nissan Trailseeker #3 Hazeldean

corriekuilder

And to think I was about to invite you over for a braai and a beer *smk*

Is maar okay...

I think oom Ben falls in that 1% group. Heck most of the people I have met from the Hub, falls in that 1%, but the attitude of the people last year, made me ashamed to be counted as a cyclist.

People cursing other people, not giving way to others, and the law is seen in the same view as (most) christians see the biblical law, not to be applied to them.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing that pains me about this race, is that the one piece of Rosemary Hill we go ride, is the damn rockpebble section. I HATE that stuff. I threw a huge tantrum there on Sunday. Ugh.

Is the singletrack at the beginning the same for 40 and 70? I'm doing 40.

Looking at the route:

http://snippets.mapmycdn.com/routes/view/embedded/827242173?width=770&height=330&elevation=true&info=true&line_color=E60f0bdb&rgbhex=DB0B0E&distance_markers=1&unit_type=metric&map_mode=TERRAIN

We'll get a bit of open road at 2km for a short stretch, and again at 5km for another 2km. Then only again at 13km we have a bit of space it seems. That also coincides with the bit of climbing for this race though, so we'll see.

One day I'll be able to say that.... To us mere newbie mortals 40km is a whole days work.

That's how I feel about the 70! 

Last year, getting out was a nightmare due to security checking cars at the gate. It took about 1h30 to get out. Any idea if this will happen again? Else anybody know where to possibly park outside? Can't remember seeing any parkable spots. Else will just need to hang around for 3 hours after the race and enjoy the atmosphere.

Last year, getting out was a nightmare due to security checking cars at the gate. It took about 1h30 to get out. Any idea if this will happen again? Else anybody know where to possibly park outside? Can't remember seeing any parkable spots. Else will just need to hang around for 3 hours after the race and enjoy the atmosphere.

Had the same issue at Cornwall last year... seems the private schools will always be an issue in that sense. We are luckily a group of friends going so we will hang out and wait for the nastiness of post race driver rage to subside and then leave

I "think" you might be able to park at the Curro school (just after you turn right into Ridge road from Silverlakes rd on the left - at the first traffic circle), this might alleviate some congestion getting out. Then you just have to cycle the 1 or 2 km from there to the start.

I cycle to and from the event and if I remember correctly that is one of the places I saw people parking last year.  Another option will be to park at one of the shopping centers in the vicinity and cycle to and from the event

Hey guys

Its been a while since I did one of these. Just a question , where do we get our "race packs" from ?

I "think" you might be able to park at the Curro school (just after you turn right into Ridge road from Silverlakes rd on the left - at the first traffic circle), this might alleviate some congestion getting out. Then you just have to cycle the 1 or 2 km from there to the start.

I cycle to and from the event and if I remember correctly that is one of the places I saw people parking last year. Another option will be to park at one of the shopping centers in the vicinity and cycle to and from the event

Just be careful, I cycled from home (Equestria Estate) and cycled to the start and then home. 99% of people had 0 respect for others on the road.

Hey guys

Its been a while since I did one of these. Just a question , where do we get our "race packs" from ?

Details are on the Trailseeker website.

Morning guys (and gals), can someone please assist me with info,my fiance is sick,and will not be able to do the race. We have a substitute,how do we go about doing the substitution,can we do it at the registration on race day,or must it be done prior to the race? Bloody summer flu....

I think it's this?

http://i.imgur.com/coOIMt3.jpg

Also keen to know about Saturday, don't think I'm going to make it for Friday.

Will there be collection on saturday morning? My first ever trailseeker event.

Hi Gustav Yes - I always pick up mine ticket, and Goodie bag in the morning of the event at the start area.

Morning guys (and gals), can someone please assist me with info,my fiance is sick,and will not be able to do the race. We have a substitute,how do we go about doing the substitution,can we do it at the registration on race day,or must it be done prior to the race? Bloody summer flu....

pm sent.

In for the 40. Haven't been on my bike for 5 weeks. Oh it's going to be fun out there :clap:

No holding onto the team car hey...

Archived