Cannondale (frame replacement)

Furbz

same happened to me

They replaced my frame hassle free which I appreciate, but would have liked to have the same colour scheme I had.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

X-man Spez = Specialized!

Warning bells should have been ringing when the frame broke in the 1st place! 

I know all brands have their hassles, but if I spent good money on a particular expensive brand and it cracked I would look else where! Bianchi has served me well over the years!

Just saying!!

I would be disappointed as well. if I pick a color in a brand new bike and very shortly there after it breaks I would want the replacement in the same color. How long have you had the bike?

well I agree with you, if you buy a specific colour the warranty should be for that colour....not good customer service giving you something you actually did not purchase in the first place.

Lets look at the implications of your suggestion.

The frames have a lifetime warranty, so may need to be replaced for say, up to 10 years.

They have say 10 bikes in their range, in 5 different sizes and maybe 3 different paint schemes.

Let's say they only want to keep 1 of each so they

can give you "what you purchased".

That is 150 frames each year, with accompanying capital tied up for 10 years that have to be kept in storage.

As Canonndale are in business to make a profit for its shareholders, the cost of this will be added to the purchase price of your new bike.

I'm not sure that you would be prepared to pay the price of your suggestion, but who said that you had to have any commercial sense to post on the Internet.

Hi Addy. Does sound like you hitting the guy in the gut when his already down and nearly out. Guess we can now start the count.

You make good sense, point remain if you bought a particular colour, then like most bikers, ALL YOUR STUFF match and changing mid stream is a shitty option.

Anyway ... always thought there must be a reason I stick to metal.

I would be disappointed as well. if I pick a color in a brand new bike and very shortly there after it breaks I would want the replacement in the same color. How long have you had the bike?

bought it late last year. then pulled a hamstring. then re-pulled it getting on the bike to soon.

only been back on the bike beginning of July.

Lets look at the implications of your suggestion.

The frames have a lifetime warranty, so may need to be replaced for say, up to 10 years.

They have say 10 bikes in their range, in 5 different sizes and maybe 3 different paint schemes.

Let's say they only want to keep 1 of each so they

can give you "what you purchased".

That is 150 frames each year, with accompanying capital tied up for 10 years that have to be kept in storage.

As Canonndale are in business to make a profit for its shareholders, the cost of this will be added to the purchase price of your new bike.

I'm not sure that you would be prepared to pay the price of your suggestion, but who said that you had to have any commercial sense to post on the Internet.

100% agree. still, its as close to brand new as possible... and i now have a mismatched bike.

Hi Addy. Does sound like you hitting the guy in the gut when his already down and nearly out. Guess we can now start the count.

You make good sense, point remain if you bought a particular colour, then like most bikers, ALL YOUR STUFF match and changing mid stream is a shitty option.

Anyway ... always thought there must be a reason I stick to metal.

exactly. i am now riding a hotch potch machine.

seriously it looks like a backyard mechanics mess

I must say, I agree with Eddy - it's hard to argue with a really well thought out post.

OP - not wanting to sound unsympathetic, if I were in your boat, I would want the same colour. But, in truth, I am in your boat. My frame cracked 3 weeks ago. I am presently awaiting confirmation that it will be replaced under warranty. I also hope I will get the same colour, which I love. But, if I don't, i will still be happy, relieved and grateful that my frame is going to be replaced. I definitely won't start a thread dissing the manufacturer for breaking my heart. I think that's kinda over the top, and actually unfair. The power of social media is great; it gives a much needed voice to the consumer. Increasingly, I think it's being abused

As a matter of interest, how long did it take to get your replacement Cannondale?

post-1877-1438373511,0822.jpg

@harryn, sorry to hear about your bike.
But if you get a pink bike I'm fairly certain you'd be singing the same tune.

It took just under 3 weeks for the replacement. Which is very impressive.

However, I was informed that it could take 3 months if stock was not in the country.

Make no mistake i'm happy it has been replaced. 
But I have experience with Matt frames and they are a nightmare.
Don't believe me? Next time you see one run your finger nail on it and see the mark it leaves. Then try rub it off. Then quietly walk away from the frame you just scratched...

secondly. i forked out close on R40k for that bike. its was a calculated and emotional purchase.

i take pride in my bikes.

now every time i look at it i get reminded of how i forked out a small fortune to have something i don't want.

@harryn, sorry to hear about your bike.

But if you get a pink bike I'm fairly certain you'd be singing the same tune.

It took just under 3 weeks for the replacement. Which is very impressive.

However, I was informed that it could take 3 months if stock was not in the country.

Make no mistake i'm happy it has been replaced. And I have stated the frame looks good.

But I have experience with Matt frames and they are a nightmare.

Don't believe me? Next time you see one run your finger nail on it and see the mark it leaves. Then try rub it off. Then quietly walk away from the frame you just scratched...

secondly. i forked out close on R40k for that bike. its was a calculated and emotional purchase.

i take pride in my bikes.

now every time i look at it i get reminded of how i forked out a small fortune to have something i don't want.

Lol, Your'e right, If I get a pink bike I will bitch like a stuffed pig!

Please post a pic of your new black bike, I am sure it's a beauty. Wish you happy and safe riding.

Ps. I have a missed call from Cycle Lab - my new frame must have arrived. I'm super excited. Hope its ready for Holla trails next weekend, woohoo. If its pink, I will just get it covered in mud before I hit the trail. [emoji50]

Kinda make me wanna wish it's pink. Heheheee. Hope the frame meets your expectations and the rides great.

Oh yes, just completed my tax return, so ... if all's well that ends well, UPGRADEEEEEE.

Damn this is way better than my dealings with Kona when I cracked my frame at the beginning of the year. To this day they have yet to get back to me, luckily my insurance sorted me out.

Crackandfail. = Canondale :whistling:

Crackandfail - wow, thats original, never heard that one before - Brilliant, well done for that new gem of a quote.

You are wasting your razor sharp wit and humour amongst us mere mortal hubbers here.

You need to as a matter of urgency team up with Trevor Noah in the states !! :)

Archived