Bestmed Satellite Road Clssic

Bianchisti

Thanks JC. btw. I've noticed your time was 2h55. Was this an all out effort? I was hoping to do between 2h50 and 2h55, but if you did 2h55 on an all out effort I won't even see 3h00.

This is a flattish course except for hekpoort.

I got dropped halfway up Hekpoort and 2 of us rode together to the finish. I thought it was a decent effort. There are some small bumps going past Hekpoort. Be wide awake else you'll get dropped there as the pace there is high. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From their facebook page:

073 513 7992

Thanks. there's no answer but at least its ringing. I'll try again later.

083 372 8118

thanks but this number doesn't exist. I think it is the same one that ASG gave me last week.

Holy crap, I forgot to enter.... good think I checked!!

Entered now, phew...

There will be beers in the boot, come say hi :)

Hi JC, do you perhaps have the profile of Hekpoort (only the climb) on it's own?

You can cycle to Hekpoort from the Cradle otherwise...

Does anyone has contact details for Saloon Route 66. I would like to do the route this weekend, since my wife has never rode hekpoort before.

I would like to know at what time do they open so I can left the car there. It seems to be a biker place, so I assume they will be open quite early.

I can nowhere (not even ASG can help) find a contact number for them.

If you can't get hold of Route 66, you can safely, in my experience, park at the Spar car park in Pecanwood - next to the dam - the route goes past there. Nice breakfast afterwards available at La Terraza too! The car park is prob <10 kms down the road (North) from Route 66.

I got dropped halfway up Hekpoort and 2 of us rode together to the finish. I thought it was a decent effort. There are some small bumps going past Hekpoort. Be wide awake else you'll get dropped there as the pace there is high. 

I was actually hoping you said you were taking it easy or had some mechanical issues. :blush:

I know the route fairly well from training rides we do there regularly (well at least twice a year).

I do expect do get drop up hekpoort and I know there is the one decent hill after hekpoort where I might get dropped again. From there I can ITT (if I'm solo, but hopefully the break away from the group behind would have caught up by then) a decent time if the wind is not to bad. There is a usually a head wind coming back from hekpoort. 

You can cycle to Hekpoort from the Cradle otherwise...

Good point, if you park at Matiki, it cant be more that 15km there.

If you can't get hold of Route 66, you can safely, in my experience, park at the Spar car park in Pecanwood - next to the dam - the route goes past there. Nice breakfast afterwards available at La Terraza too! The car park is prob <10 kms down the road (North) from Route 66.

Thanks, this would be Plan B then if Route 66 is not open by then.

My plan B was to stop at harties resort and do our normal training route and have a nice picnic afterwards, but that route includes Saartjiesnek and Silkaatsnek and that might be to much a week before the race.

Holy crap, I forgot to enter.... good think I checked!!

Entered now, phew...

There will be beers in the boot, come say hi :)

I also forgot.

What is your registration number :thumbup: :clap:

I got a seeding email and got EL normally ride AL or BL, spoken to a mate and same problem... seems could be another mess up with seeding like we had at R4V

I got a seeding email and got EL normally ride AL or BL, spoken to a mate and same problem... seems could be another mess up with seeding like we had at R4V

This would be first race of over 100km and I've been seeded BL. Granted, my pace on the shorter races wasn't too bad for a novice, but I find it tough to believe I'm that far to the front. Must be a mistake.

Archived