A clown takes a pratfall - Should have been wearing a helmet....

GaryvdM

commuted for years, myself and another hubber done 3 days of 60-90 per day min,,,,

I would say that gap is a country mile, I agree that that cyclist was looking for the attention and was happy to get it, im sure if you go into his local police station and he walks in all the cops will be "NOT THIS NUTTER AGAIN" ill put 6 beers on it :whistling:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in reference to its not the law to keep left, but it is law to use the cycle lane

Makes not sense. the UK law was being discussed?

thats why i said it - that I dont like to judge - but sometimes you must - or in fact - its in our DNA - we do it instinctively regardless of if we want to or not

I decided long ago  - primarily when someone tried to punch me after he cornered me and forced me to stop when I politely  questioned his driving abilities - that I would rather be more aware - cycle (and drive) defensively and avoid confrontation and/or subsequent accidents than go and seek them out. That cyclist would not last 1 month with that attitude in this country (sad as it is) - and for the record - I have lost a cousin in London who was killed by a red bus - so yes I am fully aware of the implications of being a cyclist on the road in both South African and England

You almost got hit...so that changed your mind. Same here but it did not change my mine. 

Have been commuting for years, have similar "attitude" to this cyclist so you can not say he would not last a month here.

that is quite funny, not the ending i was expecting ...BUT i don't think this is going to do any good - this oke on the bike is on a bit of a wayward crusade, looking to incite a war?

that is quite funny, not the ending i was expecting ...BUT i don't think this is going to do any good - this oke on the bike is on a bit of a wayward crusade, looking to incite a war?

Go and commute and see how you feel after almost being run over day after day.

Go and commute and see how you feel after almost being run over day after day.

honestly while i was commuting i feel i had many more close calls in my car than on the bike, but that had to do with the travelling times less traffic, i had one or two times (touch wood) when i thought shiiit  that was close, and one head on with a tonsil(another commuter) going the wrong way, 

honestly while i was commuting i feel i had many more close calls in my car than on the bike, but that had to do with the travelling times less traffic, i had one or two times (touch wood) when i thought shiiit  that was close, and one head on with a tonsil(another commuter) going the wrong way, 

WISH I could say the same. Almost daily some tonsil will come speeding past. Or like you said a idiot riding his bike the wrong way. Or a broken down car right under the bridge in the yellow lane with no triangle out or hazards on and you don't see the car as it is dark when you enter the section.

And so I can carry on for days.   :wacko:

niner, i used to feel the same until i started commuting with a hubber who used to take time out to find the most fun, decent ride and most importantly he would look for routes that we used foot paths, and very low traffic volume, if i give you the routes we used to ride you would think DAMM thats dumb but we were always opposite to the MAIN FLO of traffic, and doing great lopes around high traffic areas 

basically we started going on the opposite side of the flow of normal peak hour rushes, you will be surprised how 2 roads down changes the whole commute

niner, i used to feel the same until i started commuting with a hubber who used to take time out to find the most fun, decent ride and most importantly he would look for routes that we used foot paths, and very low traffic volume, if i give you the routes we used to ride you would think DAMM thats dumb but we were always opposite to the MAIN FLO of traffic, and doing great lopes around high traffic areas 

basically we started going on the opposite side of the flow of normal peak hour rushes, you will be surprised how 2 roads down changes the whole commute

I know, dont get me wrong I try and use the "green belt", and the "not your normal" routes. The main problem is that last k to 2km to the office or home, where you have to share. Would hate to know how many incidents I would have it I spend more time on the mainstream roads.

It is mainly the cellphone users that causes the most "incidents" cause they have no idea what is going on around them. Or what speed we do next to them and "suddenly" we appear in their view.

Sorry to disagree but in my book this was a huge overreaction by the cyclist, I have much MUCH worse happening to me every day....................

I agree with you, the cyclist is as much at fault here for actively pursuing and goading the motorist (who was in the wrong ,but hardly worth the reaction.) He clearly does this to amuse himself, with his front and rear facing camera etc. Then he keeps on stepping on the blokes tail until his bubble bursts and all of a sudden he picks his skirt up and runs away like a girl. He was just lucky it ended the way it did because he would have received a good self inflicted hiding. Don`t start something you can`t finish, you never know what the other guy may be hiding in his car or how his day/week/life is going to influence his reaction. As a cyclist you are always going to be at a disadvantage in this kind of situation.

even if that was a pool  it still would have stung like a bee

dude, that guy was tripping from the start.

Not sure who the other occupant of the car was. I do hope it wasn't the gentleman's son, given the nature of the rich, descriptive vocabulary being sprouted with such vigour.

Not sure who the other occupant of the car was. I do hope it wasn't the gentleman's son, given the nature of the rich, descriptive vocabulary being sprouted with such vigour.

chav senior and chav junior

chav junior is old enough for that path in life to already of been decided by chav senior

Archived