New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you don't get an email does it mean you didn't get in

I saw on twitter they responded to someone saying you will get an email saying yes or no. So you should get a mail no matter what according to their twitter account.

Didn't get in. BS

Relax, breathe deeply and don't panic. Contact the charity of your choice and enter, or train anyway and wait for substitution time. If you want to ride, you will get in! :)

Entry confirmed. Wonder if the wind will blow?

Wind ... just like the entries... Its a lottery and you only know on the day  .... :whistling:

Both my boys got entries  :thumbup:  and i got with the first round .... i better think about training soon ... :whistling:

Relax, breathe deeply and don't panic. Contact the charity of your choice and enter, or train anyway and wait for substitution time. If you want to ride, you will get in! :)

Charities want R2000. As I am hopeless on asking people for donations I would have to pay the full amount myself, just not worth it.

Very sad.

Apparently PPA members got in last month already.

Not sure how this works maybe someone can shed some light on it.

My son got in, but so far I got no e-mail, which is funny since our entries were in the same basket.

Edited by Moridin

Charities want R2000. As I am hopeless on asking people for donations I would have to pay the full amount myself, just not worth it.

Very sad.

Last I looked there were some much cheaper charity entries. Don't give up!

Anybody entered and paid already who can see their entry reflected on racetec? I did mine in the PPA window but nothing on racetec yet.

Not in unfortunately and not paying R2000 to a charity. We do work for many of those charities and i know that at least half, if not 60-70% will go to their staff's salaries and CEO bonuses.

Will try again next year.

I saw on twitter they responded to someone saying you will get an email saying yes or no. So you should get a mail no matter what according to their twitter account.

Took a while for my mail to come through but I got in

Not in unfortunately and not paying R2000 to a charity. We do work for many of those charities and i know that at least half, if not 60-70% will go to their staff's salaries and CEO bonuses.Will try again next year.

There is still a bit of hope. I reckon a lot of people will pull out because their friends / family didn't get in especially those that have to travel far to the race.

Otherwise its waiting for substitutions.

BS system as I said from the biggining. Supported the ppa since my first day of cycling after uni. And this is what I get.

Thank you ppa for not giving back to the people of the western cape.