New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

this is retarded, cannot believe that anyone with a brain cell can think up such a system.  People travel all over SA and go to the CTCT in groups.  What if you get an entry and your mates don't?  That makes for a pretty shitty weekend.

thumbs down organizers, thumbs down!

Guys, let the process run it's course. I'm pretty sure you will find out it works pretty well, and is fair.

One thing it will eliminate, is the guy buying a lot of entries (needing only one for himself) and trying to sell it for a profit when the Substitution process starts.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I am rather surpized that PPA members were awarded 5000 slots yet no slots were awarded to club 21 members or rider who had done 10 or more Cape Town Cycles tour - previously known as The Cape Argus Pick ’n Pay cycle tour. One would think the Cape Town Cycle tour would give prefrential treatment to those who have supported the event for a number of years. What a lot of successful commercial companies do with loyalty programs.

On the flip side maybe PPA need to try and get road cyclist to joint them by offering something - as currently they don’t offer their road members much!

There has been communication from ppa about this so why are you complaining now?

Anyone with more than 10 finishes gets a higher weighting to receive an entry.

That's irrespective of whether they are ppa members or not.

If you finished more than 10 and a ppa member then you get two shots at using your weighting.

But I guess haters will hate

There has been communication from ppa about this so why are you complaining now?

Anyone with more than 10 finishes gets a higher weighting to receive an entry.

That's irrespective of whether they are ppa members or not.

If you finished more than 10 and a ppa member then you get two shots at using your weighting.

But I guess haters will hate

where did you get the info that 10 time finishers get a higher weighting...

the website says in very clear terms that "entries will be awarded at random".

I see there is a "family / group" option, which I guess makes it a bit better than just entering on an individual basis... however, had it been the old system then I would have been assured of an entry for myself and my mates in 1 hour and 11 minutes from now, so can't say that waiting for a "maybe" entry in October gives me a lot of pleasure..

I see there is a "family / group" option, which I guess makes it a bit better than just entering on an individual basis... however, had it been the old system then I would have been assured of an entry for myself and my mates in 1 hour and 11 minutes from now, so can't say that waiting for a "maybe" entry in October gives me a lot of pleasure..

I got an email from the trust saying that my 25 tours will give me a higher weighting.

Edit: here's the mail

Dear Nicholas

As you know, the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust (CTCTT) announced a new online ballot entry system for the 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour on Thursday morning.  As a loyal supporter and having participated in ten or more Cycle Tours, we wish to provide our reassurance that during the ballot process, your years of participation will be taken into account and a weighting applied. We are confident that our new online ballot entry system will serve riders well and ensure a more equitable process for all prospective participants.

Sincerely,

Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust

Edited by Long Wheel Base

I got an email from the trust saying that my 25 tours will give me a higher weighting.

Edit: here's the mail

Dear Nicholas André

As you know, the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust (CTCTT) announced a new online ballot entry system for the 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour on Thursday morning.  As a loyal supporter and having participated in ten or more Cycle Tours, we wish to provide our reassurance that during the ballot process, your years of participation will be taken into account and a weighting applied. We are confident that our new online ballot entry system will serve riders well and ensure a more equitable process for all prospective participants.

Sincerely,

Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust

Same here.

And being a paid up PPA member, I'm in.... :whistling:

so much aggression...why? why? why?

I'm a PeePee-Ay member and didn't get in

Weird hey

I'll try to enter later

Edited by ' Dale

Weird hey

I'll try to enter later

They should look at your profile picture. That way your in no matter what kind of a member/rider you are because a Sagan fan is just superior.

Weird hey

I'll try to enter later

Serious?

No entry?

Must be because you did a sub 3 already, they are giving someone else a chance to try and get one too. :whistling:  :ph34r:

Apparentlyt if you did not get in in the PPA ballot, you automatically go into the general ballot. But don't take my word for it!

WHOOOP WHOOOP :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

for me and the old man

Your entry application has now been submitted. Please note: This is not a guarantee or confirmation of your entry. You will be notified from the 2nd of October 2015 whether you were successful in your application or not.

For further assistance please contact:

Cape Town Cycle Tour Team
info@cycletour.co.za
+27 87 820 7223

Weird hey

I'll try to enter later

I am very surprised. I honestly thought it will be a shoe in for PPA members. I know you have Karma (and statistics) on your side - you will get in. Trying for another sub3?

Sure enough, but the first timer should qualify by doing other seeding events. "fun" riders can go in a ballot system.

By looking at this tears seeded and un seeded groups, I would guess that of the 35 000 at most 25 000 are serious riders and the rest "fun" riders, or at least people who won't care that much if they miss out on entry.

So why not give your more keen cyclists who did 2 or 3 seeded events a first chance to enter- I doubt there will be 25 000- and then throw it open on a ballot basis.

I don't think there are 3 seeding events in the WC....