New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

Just paid...had to pay for a race tech chip...told them i didnt want one because i am riding for scenery not beat any time...no chip no entry...so i had to buy the chip...i suppose now i can use it for the amashova...which you dont have purchase a chip...all the other races i enter use the roag chip...getting milked again...i suppose only ANOTHER R 120...lucky us cyclist are loaded with cash to throw at everyone.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just paid...had to pay for a race tech chip...told them i didnt want one because i am riding for scenery not beat any time...no chip no entry...so i had to buy the chip...i suppose now i can use it for the amashova...which you dont have purchase a chip...all the other races i enter use the roag chip...getting milked again...i suppose only ANOTHER R 120...lucky us cyclist are loaded with cash to throw at everyone.

If you feel you are being milked - why don't you just give up your entry to one of the many on the waiting list who don't mind owning a timing chip?

To add: It is a once off purchase which you get to use at all future Racetec timed events which include most of the big roadie events - so really no reason to moan

Edited by Skubarra

If you feel you are being milked - why don't you just give up your entry to one of the many on the waiting list who don't mind owning a timing chip?

To add: It is a once off purchase which you get to use at all future Racetec timed events which include most of the big roadie events - so really no reason to moan

Don't forget, the chip also gets you access to the expo. :ph34r:

Edited by Thomo

After having done 18 tours the organizers reward me with "UNSUCCESSFUL ENTRY"!!

I'm fuming..... :cursing:  :cursing:

sucks.

The only other ride i do which uses the chip is the amashova...and i have already entered and paid...chip is not a requirement for the amashova...i have a roag chip for all the mtb races.

By the way you want my entry...bid starts at R 2000 racetech chip included.....just kidding...my entry is NOT for sale.

My mates are also in...so looks like party starts in durban and ends back in durban a week later [emoji12]

To add: It is a once off purchase which you get to use at all future Racetec timed events which include most of the big roadie events - so really no reason to moan Edited by isetech

I just had a stressful, no entry confirmation, weekend to discover my successful application email in my junk folder. It is a Zimbra email account, so just check those junk folders if you have not received any confirmation yet.

How?

I added us together in a basket for the lottery entry.  But only he got the successful entry, not me.  I then clicked on his entry link to get to the entry system, and there was a link to add persons to his entry basket.  Added myself, paid, and got confirmation.

Yeah, was kind of out of my control too, my wife had given birth to our first child a few days before and the Sunday was our first full day at home with him. Living in the South Peninsula there would have been 25 000 + cyclists in between me and her, so we decided it would be best for me to stay at home in case she needed help or support. Suppose one can't expect the Cycle Tour Trust to investigate each no show, but it kind of sucks that I am now being penalised for this.

Oh well, will have to wait for the second round or a substitution I guess....

A few years ago I broke my arm and couldn't ride. I called the "race" office and told them I wouldn't be able to ride and asked what should I do because I wanted to give my number up for substitution and didn't know anyone who wanted it. I got very disinterested response saying I don't need to do anything and they don't want the entry back. I asked if they wanted my name so they could cancel it, they said not necessary.  So don't know how they can penalise people for not pitching when they not bothered by it.

So I have an entry that I am not going to use (since when is it not held on the second Sunday in March?) When do substitutions open up?

The only other ride i do which uses the chip is the amashova...and i have already entered and paid...chip is not a requirement for the amashova...i have a roag chip for all the mtb races.

By the way you want my entry...bid starts at R 2000 racetech chip included.....just kidding...my entry is NOT for sale.

My mates are also in...so looks like party starts in durban and ends back in durban a week later [emoji12]

You also get to use it 2017/18/19 etc.......... assuming you get through the lottery that is ????