Pure Savage

Last year I moaned about the PPA and no road league and said they need to up their game for their roadies, in this mornings letter the following was announced.

"We’re very excited about the forthcoming funride season. We are fine-tuning a completely new leagues/racing idea, offering nearly double the number of events than in the past. The first event is envisaged to take place in October."

Glad to hear this and that they have added free red hill time trials to improve seedings and that they are trying to replace the tour of Worcestor ASAP due to road works.

Well done guys and keep it up!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I moaned about the PPA and no road league and said they need to up their game for their roadies, in this mornings letter the following was announced.

"We’re very excited about the forthcoming funride season. We are fine-tuning a completely new leagues/racing idea, offering nearly double the number of events than in the past. The first event is envisaged to take place in October."

Glad to hear this and that they have added free red hill time trials to improve seedings and that they are trying to replace the tour of Worcestor ASAP due to road works.

Hope this is not going to be what it turns out to be - but double of nothing is still nothing! Hope there some road races.

Aah - Mr Negativity is in the house - welcome back ;)

Not that negative - i go race on the track tonight - but stil would like to see some road racing! Not sure if a red Hill TT is quite the thing I personally am after but after doing the out of cat TDF climbs in the Alps and Pyrenees 2015 - maybe just maybe I can get over Red Hill.

Nope, the TT will be done on a Sunday on red hill only. You just rock up with your chip,  hammer red hill and hope it improves your seeding. No money no entry, rock up and ride.

Sweeeeeeeet! That makes for fun this year. :)

Not that negative - i go race on the track tonight - but stil would like to see some road racing! Not sure if a red Hill TT is quite the thing I personally am after but after doing the out of cat TDF climbs in the Alps and Pyrenees 2015 - maybe just maybe I can get over Red Hill.

http://theantisocialmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Name-Drop-The-Anti-Social-Media-505x1024.jpg

Sweeeeeeeet! That makes for fun this year. :)

Rumour has it, the more red hill TT's you do the better your luck will be in the random ballot for cycle tour entries.

*As you would be a PPA member*

Rumour has it, the more red hill TT's you do the better your luck will be in the random ballot for cycle tour entries.

*As you would be a PPA member*

That's a stir sir:-)

Just got the PPA newletter - only hope is that where it says info to follow it means there will be a road leagues/racing. Otherwise not leagues mentioned unless I have missed something?

double the amount of events!!! i dont thnk so WC Express , Derby Dash what other events are going to have a league race infront of them?

Worcester is off, ppa wont allow league in front of 1 tonner , it wont be the DC , is it Bonnievale??. Langebaan is an out and back course , no league there. will they actually do it themselves??? a wait with bated breath.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the following, but there could be more

Sun 11th Oct 2015 - West Coast Express
Sat 24th Oct 2015 - CWC Durbie Dash
Sun 24th Jan 2016 - Bouckaert Soenen
Sun 14th Feb 2016 - Tour De Stellenbosch
Sun 21st Feb 2016 - Tour De PPA