Pure Savage

apart from the pro tours around the world - road racing takes place on circuits. move with the times which means we will see less and less road rides like the WCE and Durbie Dash - we are running out of roads.

very sadly, I think you are right.  :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very sadly, I think you are right.  :(

The one positive thing about crits though is they are very entertaining for the crowds.

I took my wife and kids along to two of the LBL crits and they all loved it. 

Very difficult to find public participation on a long road race. You get to see your hotshots for a few seconds and then they are gone.

Yes crits are not for everybody either and you could never run a full blown funride on a small tight crit course.

Bigger courses like atlantis industria works very well and western province always runs a very successful road race there every year.

Ive heard directly from ppa at one killarney session that racetec doesnt currently support laps on a route, But there are other timing systems like the one they used for league that does.

Anybody want an entry to West Coast Express, I found out my little ones Christening is on the 11th of October?

I did mention the race was really short and I could probably arrive in my Lycra by the start of the ceremony... Not a good suggestion :oops:  

Anybody want an entry to West Coast Express, I found out my little ones Christening is on the 11th of October?

I did mention the race was really short and I could probably arrive in my Lycra by the start of the ceremony... Not a good suggestion :oops:  

Oops, ya our wives dont appreciate those type of comments.  :eek:

My buddy said he would take it from you, but how does it work to substitute out?

I dont think you will get a time unless they see that you have entered. 

Unless you just skelm it on strava.

The one positive thing about crits though is they are very entertaining for the crowds.

I took my wife and kids along to two of the LBL crits and they all loved it. 

Very difficult to find public participation on a long road race. You get to see your hotshots for a few seconds and then they are gone.

Yes crits are not for everybody either and you could never run a full blown funride on a small tight crit course.

Bigger courses like atlantis industria works very well and western province always runs a very successful road race there every year.

Ive heard directly from ppa at one killarney session that racetec doesnt currently support laps on a route, But there are other timing systems like the one they used for league that does.

the WPCA will be racing from the weekend after the Argus up to the end of August 2016. the WP League will be expanded from Cat 1 and Cat 2 to a dedicated inter club (cat 3) as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Bonnievale race worth doing? I have family in worcester so was thinking of making a weekend of it, but I dont wanna rock up there and then theres like 50 entrants. Do people attend an event that far out?

Is the Bonnievale race worth doing? I have family in worcester so was thinking of making a weekend of it, but I dont wanna rock up there and then theres like 50 entrants. Do people attend an event that far out?

According to racetec there was only 121 finishers last year. :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

PPA FUNRIDE CHALLENGE STARTS THIS SUNDAY

The PPA Funride Challenge (previously known as the league series) will start with the West Coast Express this Sunday. Points will be assigned to all finishers in the A and B start groups, and the points leaders will be published on the PPA website. No special leagues number or license is needed – you simply wear your valid PPA A or B funride seeded number on the day and line up with the seeded funride start groups. Participation in the Funride Challenge is free – just enter each funride as usual and obtain your event sticker at registration; no additional fee is required for the Challenge. At the end of each event, we ask that the top 3 finishers report to our Events Crew right at the finish line so that we can take a photograph of the first 3 riders across the line in both A and B for the PPA Facebook page. At the end of the series (at the Tour de PPA in February), medals will be awarded to the top 3 riders in both ‘A’ and ‘B’ and the top 3 female riders in B. Female cyclists who would like to participate in the Challenge and whose seeding is one or two groups away from B, are requested to contact the PPA Office during office hours in this regard.

this cycling association is becoming more of a joke weak by weak - pun intended

Archived