Ztr crest or American Classic wide lighting?

Janus101

Hi.

Any advice on choosing between the above mentioned wheelsets? Taking into consideration value for money, performance ect ect. Or anything else in the same price range?

Thanks in advance.

I currently ride ztr crest wheelset and it is bullet proof. However if I had to buy a new wheelset now it will be AM classic wide lightning. Had AM classics on my roadbike before and it did not give me issues once

American classic, wide lightning. The best of the best, unless you go carbon. :whistling:

But seriously, they are fantastic rims. And they look sooooo good.

Crests has 86kg rider weight limit, WL has 107kg rider weight limit.

Then it depends onto which hubs you build the crests, if it's something like the set from CWC with Hopr Pro II Evo the set will weigh 1750g odd where as the WL is 200g lighter.

WL all the way.

Be warned though, should you damage the rim of the WL, it's in excess of R2000 just for the rim, and difficult to source, Crests you'll find in every second store.

Have you considered alternatives? Like WTB KOM?

Crests has 86kg rider weight limit, WL has 107kg rider weight limit.

Then it depends onto which hubs you build the crests, if it's something like the set from CWC with Hopr Pro II Evo the set will weigh 1750g odd where as the WL is 200g lighter.

WL all the way.

Be warned though, should you damage the rim of the WL, it's in excess of R2000 just for the rim, and difficult to source, Crests you'll find in every second store.

Have you considered alternatives? Like WTB KOM?

WTB KOM?

WTB KOM?

It's a rim, like a ZTR Crest that can be bought and built onto any hub of your choice..

Just google WTB KOM i23

For another proper, light wheelset, look at this:

http://www.evobikes.co.za/wheels/wheelsets-mtb/novatec-frm-custom-build-29er-wheelset.html

Out of stock at the moment but if you mail Evobikes they'll reply with other options too.

I know they have WTB wheels in their store, for some reason it's not on their site though.

I'm not even going to read what's been written.

Wide Lightning!

Wide Lightning!!

Wide Lightning!!!

Wide Lightning!!!!

WIDE LIGHTNING!!!!!

Just do it.

Can't give you balanced advice. But went from stock on Spez Camber to AC Wide Lightning about 2 weeks ago and it's been a PR Strava fest!

Archived