Ironman 70.3 East London 2016

fanievb

Final packing being done, hit the road early tomorrow for the long drive down!!... See you all in EL

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just remember some chafing cream for your neck. I learned the hard way after my first wetsuit swim. The back of my neck was bleeding due to chafing (granted I did not wear the suit correctly, with all the velcro in the right places).

First time I did the event I did not use chafing cream and when I stood in front of the pretty lady to spray on some sunblock I had to keep m pose as I wanted to start crying...used a few curse words on the bike as it was still burning

The next year I made sure to pack the chafing cream first...same thing happened, not as bad as the first year but still bad

This year I'm using a plaster, taking no more chances

First time I did the event I did not use chafing cream and when I stood in front of the pretty lady to spray on some sunblock I had to keep m pose as I wanted to start crying...used a few curse words on the bike as it was still burning

The next year I made sure to pack the chafing cream first...same thing happened, not as bad as the first year but still bad

This year I'm using a plaster, taking no more chances

I found more chafing around my lats than neck. I did grow up in the sea though with crappy wetsuits that used to chew at your neck, maybe Im immune to it now :P

just remember some chafing cream for your neck. I learned the hard way after my first wetsuit swim. The back of my neck was bleeding due to chafing (granted I did not wear the suit correctly, with all the velcro in the right places).

Any specific brand you'd recommend? 

Any swimming specific aqua glide will be fine.

Tribal will be selling it about 100m from transition if you need to get before the race.

Any swimming specific aqua glide will be fine.

Tribal will be selling it about 100m from transition if you need to get before the race.

Thanks.

First time for me, so I'm super nervous. Up until 6 months ago I couldn't swim more than 4 lengths of a pool, so you can imagine which leg I'm most worried about.

I use squirt barrier balm (actually a chamois cream)

It's waterproof and sticks like crazy

Eish. 

Current windguru forecast is 20kph SW from 8am increasing to 40kph by 11am, gusting 30kph to 50kph... Going to be a slog. 

Lets hope the forecast is wrong...

Eish. 

Current windguru forecast is 20kph SW from 8am increasing to 40kph by 11am, gusting 30kph to 50kph... Going to be a slog. 

Lets hope the forecast is wrong...

been watching the weather for the last few days, and it looks like its getting better.

Good luck everyone.  Hope you all have a great race and achieve your goals.  Doing triathlon is a massive privilege.  Go out and enjoy the race!!  

Just arrived in EL after a long drive from Joburg.. hot and windy... hope the wind drops otherwise is going to be real hard work.

Expo and registration tomorrow and then a recce of the course as is my first time doing this one.

Travel safe all

Just arrived in EL after a long drive from Joburg.. hot and windy... hope the wind drops otherwise is going to be real hard work.

Expo and registration tomorrow and then a recce of the course as is my first time doing this one.

Travel safe all

Good Luck and enjoy

Archived