Louis Harmse/Spectrum Sport Sore losers!!!

.Heinz

3 sides.  And Louis has not come on here to put his side.  Face Plant has acknowledged the mistake and promised to fix it (let's see if he does, peecha evidence FP).  But threatening someone to go "viral", dude, serious.  It's a race in the Vuildriehoek and not a provincial or Epic.  

Btw, I've met Louis Sr a few times and he is a true gentleman.  I am sure you are not telling all that came from your side.......

Ja, ja, like don't you have to hashtag something before it goes viral?   

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how Clotan Steel would feel about this type of topic? If my sponsored event raised this type of furour, I would have a quiet word with the organiser.

They are both long time from Vanderbijlpark, I'd hazard a guess and say they are buddies....

At the end of the day a mistake was made and should could have been resolved much better by the organizers much sooner.

As for the OP using social media, right or wrong this is a laatjie who is growing up in the social media age and this is how things work now days...i.e. catch a wake up (not directed at Paulst12) and don't expect a teenager to behave like a middle aged "experienced" person

Someone asked the other day, 'What was your favorite 'fast food' when you were growing up?'

'We didn't have fast food when I was growing up,' I  informed him.

'All the food was slow.'  'C'mon, seriously.. Where did you eat?' 

'It was a place called 'home,'' I explained.  !

'Mum cooked every day and when Dad got home from work, we sat down together at the dining room table, And if I didn't like what she put on my plate, I was allowed to sit there until I did like it.'

By this time, the lad was laughing so hard I was afraid he was going to suffer serious internal damage, so I didn't tell him the part about how I had to have permission to leave the table.

But here are some other things I would have told him about my childhood if I'd figured his system could have handled it:

Some parents NEVER owned their own house, wore jeans,  set foot on a golf course, travelled out of the country or had a credit card.

My parents never drove me to school... I had a bicycle that weighed probably 50 pounds, and only had one speed  (slow).

We didn't have a television in our house until I was 10.

It was, of course, black and white,  and the station went off the air at 10 PM, after playing the national anthem and epilogue; it  came back on the air at about 6 am. And there was usually a locally produced news and farm show on, featuring local people...

Pizzas were not delivered to our home... But milk was.

All newspapers were delivered by boys and all boys delivered newspapers --My brother delivered a newspaper, seven days a week.  He had to get up at 6 every morning.

Film stars kissed with their mouths shut. At least, they did in the films. There were no movie ratings because all movies were responsibly produced for everyone to enjoy viewing, without profanity or violence or almost anything offensive.

If you grew up in a generation before there was fast food, you may want to share some of these memories with your children or grandchildren.  Just don't blame me if they bust a gut laughing.

Growing up isn't what it used to be, is it?

I think of the event organisers/timing co had their ducks in a row, this whole debacle could have been avoided.

My wife once got a dq, becuase she finished third cat lady from D batch.

When confronting the Timing coy and Involved the commisaire, it was stated that " she must have had a mechanical and took a shortcut to the finish, or some such, so it was assumed that no way she could finish 3rd.

After much hoo-haa, (not on social media) the race organiser made good, and results was updated.

Too often "lets have a race" results in unexperienced people making the wrong decisions on the spot.

As for the defamation, this is a forum, here we discuss ****, tell of experiences including the good and bad.

Not every post needs to be a cleverly written, PR masterpiece with consultation of a Lawyer before hitting the "post" button.

Guest notmyname

Dear Heinz

I am terribly sorry for the way I spoke to you on the phone and the way this whole matter was handled. Please accept my apologies and let me assure you that we will make sure this sort of confusion does not occur again. Please could you send me a physical address where we can courier your hamper to you. I have also included a voucher for free race entry to our next event.

Regards

Louis Harmse

there we go Louis...you can copy and paste

Low Cost, high impact. Besting.

Is that the one with a woman who was peddling her ass?

The Sani riders who are now banned for complaining about the flasher and got a sob story going with some creative journalist in the print media. They are now "suddenly banned" from Sani2C,

I am sure in all these stories there is the truth, and if I was a race organiser putting in an effort to have my event dragged into the mud I would also respectfully reserve the right to decline entries.

I am sure if the right channels were followed through the CSA Race Commissaire at the event this should have not blown up the way it has.

Young man grow up , looks like you father is behind this post ( i wonder who needs to grow up) . I took part in the event

and it was well organized . Clotan steel thankyou for  the sponsorship , without companies like yourself

sporting events would be lacking.

keep up the excellent cycling 

As for the defamation, this is a forum, here we discuss ****, tell of experiences including the good and bad.

Not every post needs to be a cleverly written, PR masterpiece with consultation of a Lawyer before hitting the "post" button.

I was going to log onto the " What TV shows are you watching" thread . Hit the wrong button. Not disappointed !

I wonder how Clotan Steel would feel about this type of topic? If my sponsored event raised this type of furour, I would have a quiet word with the organiser.

I've already sent them a link to this thread

I have followed the thread and all I can make out is that after a race where the results were wonky all was well until someone became unreasonable. Apparently, there was a telephone conversation that went like this :

Heinz's dad : Good evening Mr Harmse, is it convenient for you to take this call right now ?

Louis Harmse : P1ss off

HD : The call is in connection with an injustice at the race this morning which we recognise may have been a mistake....

LH : Who are you calling a cheat ? P1ss off

HD : I cast no aspersions Sir, I merely wish to appeal to your acknowledged good nature and throw my family on your bountiful mercy.

LH : I said, P1ss off.

HD: Sir, I regret that my sensible and modest appeals are so poorly made that I cannot convince you of our bone fides and modest request to remedy an insignificant matter.

LH : P1ss off, No Bokker off.

HD : I humbly suggest Sir, that in the absence of a amicable resolution, I may have my hand forced and resort to social media.

LH: Do what you want to. Now **** off

(The characters in this post are fictitious and bare no resemblance to any persons, living or dead)

Young man grow up , looks like you father is behind this post ( i wonder who needs to grow up) . I took part in the event

and it was well organized . Clotan steel thankyou for  the sponsorship , without companies like yourself

If only my dad new how to work the hub. My father is so old school he does not even have a Facebook or hub account and does not plan on getting one. Yeah sure I consulted him before posting but everything as from there was me and only me!!!

I have followed the thread and all I can make out is that after a race where the results were wonky all was well until someone became unreasonable. Apparently, there was a telephone conversation that went like this : Heinz's dad : Good evening Mr Harmse, is it convenient for you to take this call right now ? Louis Harmse : P1ss off HD : The call is in connection with an injustice at the race this morning which we recognise may have been a mistake.... LH : Who are you calling a cheat ? P1ss off HD : I cast no aspersions Sir, I merely wish to appeal to your acknowledged good nature and throw my family on your bountiful mercy. LH : I said, P1ss off. HD: Sir, I regret that my sensible and modest appeals are so poorly made that I cannot convince you of our bone fides and modest request to remedy an insignificant matter. LH : P1ss off, No Bokker off. HD : I humbly suggest Sir, that in the absence of a amicable resolution, I may have my hand forced and resort to social media. LH: Do what you want to. Now **** off (The characters in this post are fictitious and bare no resemblance to any persons, living or dead)

Is the dad played by Lord Richard Withoughter-Foreskin III? Very pompous British toff? :)

No Mike you grow up this young man is voicing his opinions so give him a chance. If you read the previous topics you would have seen that he standing up for himself and his dad is not behind this.

I've already sent them a link to this thread

:clap:  :clap:  and send them the post from stretch.

you want an apology, a hamper to make up for the apology and a free entry to next years event. :thumbup:

Here copy this:

Dear Heinz

I am terribly sorry for the way I spoke to you on the phone and the way this whole matter was handled. Please accept my apologies and let me assure you that we will make sure this sort of confusion does not occur again. Please could you send me a physical address where we can courier your hamper to you. I have also included a voucher for free race entry to our next event.

Regards

Louis Harmse

there we go Louis...you can copy and paste

:clap:  :clap:  and send them the post from stretch.

you want an apology, a hamper to make up for the apology and a free entry to next years event.

As long as you don't ask for a free training programme from

Swen Lauer!

Just one question: why no formal appeal/complaint to CSA? That's what they are there for - let them sort it out if you don't come right with the race Organiser? CSA is supposed to be there for just this kind of dispute, as a neutral party, and arbiter with experience and knowledge of the rules. Do that and if then you still don't come right, and only then, make it a public issue. Threatening people with bad publicity is no solution. I'm not sure the OP thought that through, given his father's attitude as stated above.

So maybe take a step back, Heinz, and contact the Race Commissaire to lodge your complaint. If that's dealt with properly, then there should be a positive outcome all round...

If not, then we can add CSA to the pile and BURN ALL OF THEM ;-)

Archived