Louis Harmse/Spectrum Sport Sore losers!!!

.Heinz

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delusions of grandeur much??

So a reputable events company + a reputable timing company together with a CSA Official colluded to alter the results as a personal vendetta against you so you don't get recognition for your 3rd place in a half marathon? well mind you this is South Africa and stranger things have happened! ** sorry i couldn't find my sarcasm font*

Formal Complaints are to  be made to the Commisair  with a Payment of R250 it gets explained at race briefing.

I always thought the R250 was made in jest, becaue the commisair wanted to score free lunch and a beer.

Gogo the OP complained to the CSA Race Comm, Who immediately spoke to Louis Jnr about it, Louis confirmed that he accepted a bomb from outside and accepted the sanction without having to make it a formal appeal as it would have cost the OP R250.00 to do so.

Thanks yes I got that part.

It's what comes after, that I feel should still be taken to CSA commissaires, formally or informally. Race organizers confirm with CSA what prizes are on offer so if a rider feels they have been discriminated against with regard to a cat. prize, then there's the complaint to be lodged, and sorted out, independently.

It's gone beyond the issue of the original infringement, according to my understanding, although that has again been thrown into the mix.

This is a CSA sanctioned event. There are rules that apply to everyone - organizers and participants - so, if there's a case, follow the procedures and have them applied.

Or am I missing something?

Gogo the OP complained to the CSA Race Comm, Who immediately spoke to Louis Jnr about it, Louis confirmed that he accepted a bomb from outside and accepted the sanction without having to make it a formal appeal as it would have cost the OP R250.00 to do so.

So someone breaks the rules... and the person who points it out need to pay R250 to have it rectified... WTF!!

Also he didnt wait for after the fact... he pointed out the discretion before hand. Then at prize giving got nothing even though he came 3rd overall and 1st in Youth's?

What am i missing here? I dont know anyone involoved in this, however the balance of facts taken on face value point to something really wrong in the whole process / side of the organisers.

Gogo the matter of the infringement was dealt with correctly and was handled immediately, what was left is the matter of recognition of the rider.

The OP came 3rd in the Race as per the results, the problem came in that there was not a cash prize for 3rd position. only 1st and 2nd. If any, this IMO is the only contentious issue at hand. CSA in no way determines who gets prizes, that is left to the organiser. as mentioned previously the prize giving prizes are determined even before the race starts. Any body that was at the race can confirm that the podium with the prizes was set up before the first riders even crossed the line. The OP assumed that he was being victimized and therefore didn't get a prize. 

The last matter is the Youth Category that was omitted from the prize giving. in retrospect the mistake has been acknowledged and as an act of good faith Spectrum sport has offered the OP the Prize hamper for the Youth Cat.

...The last matter is the Youth Category that was omitted from the prize giving. in retrospect the mistake has been acknowledged and as an act of good faith Spectrum sport has offered the OP the Prize hamper for the Youth Cat.

would this have been done if Heinz did not raise the matter here?

On the matter of reputation: remember that until recently Bill Cosby had a sterling reputation as an actor and all-round nice guy.

Gogo the matter of the infringement was dealt with correctly and was handled immediately, what was left is the matter of recognition of the rider. The OP came 3rd in the Race as per the results, the problem came in that there was not a cash prize for 3rd position. only 1st and 2nd. If any, this IMO is the only contentious issue at hand. CSA in no way determines who gets prizes, that is left to the organiser. as mentioned previously the prize giving prizes are determined even before the race starts. Any body that was at the race can confirm that the podium with the prizes was set up before the first riders even crossed the line. The OP assumed that he was being victimized and therefore didn't get a prize.  The last matter is the Youth Category that was omitted from the prize giving. in retrospect the mistake has been acknowledged and as an act of good faith Spectrum sport has offered the OP the Prize hamper for the Youth Cat.

I still don't get the no third place thing in the one race, but hey, what will be will be. But why the need for 'delusions of grandeur' comments at a kid, or if true, a harsh telephone call and slamming the phone down by Harms Snr? System is at fault, not the kid.

Gogo the matter of the infringement was dealt with correctly and was handled immediately what was left is the matter of recognition of the rider.

The OP came 3rd in the Race as per the results, the problem came in that there was not a cash prize for 3rd position. only 1st and 2nd. If any this IMO is the only contentious issue at hand. CSA in no way determines who gets prizes, that is left to the organiser. as mentioned previously the prize giving prizes are determined even before the race starts. Any body that was at the race can confirm that the podium with the prizes was set up before the first riders even crossed the line. The OP assumed that he was being victimized and therefore didn't get a prize. 

The last matter is the Youth Category that was omitted from the prize giving. in retrospect the mistake has been acknowledged and as an act of good faith Spectrum sport has offered the OP the Prize hamper for the Youth Cat.

I'm not following you - if the OP or anyone else for that matter came 3rd, why was there not a prize for 3rd position or the Youth

Category? I would like to hear the explanation?

On the "facts" thus far, it seems that the "prizes" went awol as a

result of the OP blowing the whistle on the son of the event organiser.

I find it curious that only the "prizes" that the OP qualified for went

astray - as I said, I'm not following you but I'm sure you'll be able to

assist me. On a balance of probabilities, I'm inclined to accept the OP's version

Gogo the matter of the infringement was dealt with correctly and was handled immediately what was left is the matter of recognition of the rider.

I got that.

And that too - but worth repeating!

The OP came 3rd in the Race as per the results, the problem came in that there was not a cash prize for 3rd position. only 1st and 2nd. If any this IMO is the only contentious issue at hand. CSA in no way determines who gets prizes, that is left to the organiser

Yes - but my point is, you state your prize categories to CSA before hand (or not?? We have to) and should there be a dispute over this, then you and the rider are equally at liberty to ask CSA to settle the matter.

And I'm trying to encourage the OP to see that he can use the structures in place to help with settling the matter, instead of making a public ('viral') issue of it.

I don't think he's thought that part through.

People go to CSA to settle arguments over whether they get to keep trophies they've won, or whether they should return them because organisers haven't used the word "floating" in their description, so, yes, race organizers can determine what the prizes and cats are, but CSA makes sure (in theory) that these are adhered to.

I'm not advocating for CSA to 'discipline' the race organizers unnecessarily; I'm pointing out that their role is supposed to be one of adjudicating fairly and impartially over matters like this - to the benefit of all parties in the end.

And if the OP doesn't want to do that, and STILL has a beef in his sandwich, then I do wonder...

would this have been done if Heinz did not raise the matter here?

On the matter of reputation: remember that until recently Bill Cosby had a sterling reputation as an actor and all-round nice guy.

I doubt it, because [as mentioned before] when we tried to discus everything with them over the phone, the said phone conversation happened!

I'm not following you - if the OP or anyone else for that matter came 3rd, why was there not a prize for 3rd position or the Youth

Category? I would like to hear the explanation?

On the "facts" thus far, it seems that the "prizes" went awol as a

result of the OP blowing the whistle on the son of the event organiser.

I find it curious that only the "prizes" that the OP qualified for went

astray - as I said, I'm not following you but I'm sure you'll be able to

assist me. On a balance of probabilities, I'm inclined to accept the OP's version

I hope i can clarify this,

there wasn't a cash prize for 3rd place - coincidence! if the OP didn't appeal,  it would have been Louis jnr that didn't get a cash prize.

The OP was listed on the results as a junior so he effectively would not have received the Youth Cat prize if there was one anyway. AS mentioned, the opportunity to check details on the provisional results was made ahead of prize giving, as per any event, prize giving results are final and cannot be changed after prize giving but as an act of good faith the OP can get a hamper for the Youth cat even though it was his responsibility to ensure that his info was correct.

there wasn't a cash prize for 3rd place - coincidence! if the OP didn't appeal,  it would have been Louis jnr that didn't get a cash prize.

The OP was listed on the results as a junior so he effectively would not have received the Youth Cat prize if there was one anyway. AS mentioned, the opportunity to check details on the provisional results was made ahead of prize giving, as per any event, prize giving results are final and cannot be changed after prize giving but as an act of good faith the OP can get a hamper for the Youth cat even though it was his responsibility to ensure that his info was correct.

Thanks for the clarification.

Coincidence you said? Noted

I feel sorry for the guy that finishes 3rd at the next school spelling B competition.

Watch Bad Words with Jason Bateman...

Why is this Louis Junior guy at the age of 26 riding in the Junior category???

Archived