ScottCM

Asics Meta run retired with 912.4 kms. By far the most I have managed with any shoes.

Great deal. Also some Brooks on onedayonly.

Talking of which...  950 on these and I don't see the retire date soon...

post-2734-0-67421300-1506927451_thumb.jpg

post-2734-0-66004200-1506927464_thumb.jpg

post-2734-0-12883800-1506927476_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually surprised to see some of the mileage on my shoes - and they're not anywhere close to feeling like they need to retire. Except maybe one pair, but I use them only for shortish trail runs, too narrow for anything longer than about 15k.

Jackes... Been using my Brookes again here... Only doing short runs.. But they have been feeling great... They are only on 600 Kms... So I reckon I have many more out of them

Talking of which...  950 on these and I don't see the retire date soon..

Decided to bite the bullet and get a new pair of running shoes especially with my training leading up to our marathon in November. After much research on many different makes of shoes (asics, nike, NB, saucony, mizino), I decided to buy the Brooks Ghost 10. Went for a 19km run with them yesterday and all I can say is WOW!! These shoes are in a different league - definitely can recommend them if you a neutral runner who is upping the mileage and wants a super comfortable shoe.

ghost_10_m_front_279_edt.jpg

Edited by Gringo

Decided to bite the bullet and get a new pair of running shoes especially with my training leading up to our marathon in November. After much research on many different makes of shoes (asics, nike, NB, saucony, mizino), I decided to buy the Brooks Ghost 10. Went for a 19km with them yesterday and all I can say is WOW!! These shoes are in a different league - definitely can recommend them if you a neutral runner who is upping the mileage and wants a super comfortable shoe.

Thanks for posting. What is the mileage like on the Brooks Ghost?

Decided to bite the bullet and get a new pair of running shoes especially with my training leading up to our marathon in November. After much research on many different makes of shoes (asics, nike, NB, saucony, mizino), I decided to buy the Brooks Ghost 10. Went for a 19km run with them yesterday and all I can say is WOW!! These shoes are in a different league - definitely can recommend them if you a neutral runner who is upping the mileage and wants a super comfortable shoe.

ghost_10_m_front_279_edt.jpg

FWIW, I ran with the Ghost 7's and found the following. Firstly, drop was too high for me. Added to soft heel, it irritated me that I ran into Achilles issues through subconsciously not putting my heel down (to avoid that "moving around" feeling).

Once I sorted that little detail, I found that I enjoyed them immensely. Up till 25 k's. From there onwards, the shoe was too narrow for me and if I went further you could guarantee a black toenail or two.

So, as with all other shoes - it's never the same for everybody.  :whistling:

Thanks Barry, incredibly generous offer... we're on top of things though - I do have another Inov8 pack I'm going to use and my wife is going to use my CamelBak Marathoner pack so we should be sorted. Condition look like being wet in the Berg this weekend so having more packing space is probably a good thing. It's sure going to be an adventure any which way, we've clearly bitten off a bit more than we're ready for, but hey... we won't forget it I reckon.

And such a beautiful part of the world to spend some long hours in  :thumbup:

And? How did the run go?

Been eagerly awaiting his report , but alas to no avail as of yet :whistling:

Looks like they had a blast... But we will await the official report back

Thanks for posting. What is the mileage like on the Brooks Ghost?

You should comfortably get 1000km on a pair. What I liked about them (besides the great reviews) is that they are one of the few brands that stick to their tried and tested technology (which works) with minor tweeks here and there each and every year - unlike other brands who try 'reinvent the wheel'.

I bought a pair of Brooks T7 racer shoes end of last year, bought purely because didn't own road shoes and wanted a pair for midlands ultra. I really enjoyed them, light and comfy, never ran them past 25km because they not made for that but changed my views on Brooks in a good way.

Cons- Laces were shyte so I put salomon laces on them and being an ultra light, short distance race shoe they have lasted as long as I expected them to, which was not long at all. But all in all they were great shoes, I would buy more t7 racers if could find old stock. As for Brooks, they are solid

On the Brookes both jackes and I got what can only be described as a rubbing on the sides of the feet. As I alluded to earlier.. It's for a bit better with thicker socks.. But runs over 20km and I notice it. Outside of that.. Great shoe.. Love the way the feel.. But restricted to short fast runs only

Bought the Brookes Ghost 10 for ladies. I found them super comfortable from day 1.

Each foot is different though