ScottCM

Hi,

Does anyone have the athlete tracking sms number, yet? If so, kindly share.

Thanx.

Just find the app `UltimateLive` in the app store - search for the athlete`s name and follow them there.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive stuff chaps! Never thought I would be much of a runner after trashing my knee properly 24 years ago! But after a very slow and sustained training effort over the past 2 years, I'll be doing my first Marathon this year in September, having done a few half marathons without too much issue in the past 9 months. If the build up continues it will be OMTOM Ultra next year and perhaps Comrades thereafter!

I'll be cheering on this year!! Best of luck to you all!

Heard this on the radio yesterday... damn near broke my heart.

So much to look forward to gents!  :thumbup:

thanks for the vid andrew wow i have a massive lump in my throat watching it, i can recall every aspect of the moment it was played last year the goosebumps, the cold on the starting line, the people next to me, the fear and anxiety, that feeling you get in your stomach, the emotions, such a special race...this made me feel like its really close now. 

last year i did nothing the last week - did a 15 on the saturday before and rested a solid 7 days till the actual day...it worked well for me...I am going to repeat that.

I m still trying to make plans for getting to the start without having to get the missus out of bed. If you do do that you will go straight past my house............mmmmm..lol

We gonna organise a coffee get together on the saturday gents?

We will be probably attempting to drive there from the Tsogo sun and if that's going to be anywhere close to your place u we can pick u up. Not sure where the TS is in relation to the start and how accessible the roads will be from there, it might mean we drive the long way around and approach the start from the back end....

I'll be keen to meet for a coffee on Saturday, not sure what time we will arrive in PMB yet but will watch the thread for further news

Ok guys, Gals, and supporting partners.

Its Race week, First of all good luck to all of you and may your dedication, sacrifices and training be rewarded with your goals.

Why don't you guys let us know how you have found your taper sessions as well as training as a whole and where you see yourself on Sunday (Goal-wise)

taper is going ok. A little bit tired and a few niggles here and there, but it is more muscles rejuvinating themselves. Ran my last run on Saturday and plan to just rest up this week.

Goals: primary goal is sub 8:20...then 8:30...then sub 9 if things dont go exactly as planned

I have printed out a splits sheet for 8:20 but will also take a 8:30 wristband from the expo

taper is going ok. A little bit tired and a few niggles here and there, but it is more muscles rejuvinating themselves. Ran my last run on Saturday and plan to just rest up this week.

Goals: primary goal is sub 8:20...then 8:30...then sub 9 if things dont go exactly as planned

I have printed out a splits sheet for 8:20 but will also take a 8:30 wristband from the expo

What's the splits like 3:40/4:40?

What's the splits like 3:40/4:40?

you mean halfsplits? 

4:10 and 4:10. Don't want to get to half before 4:10..but will be happy with any time between 4:10 and 4:20

ferret will be hitting drummond at 3:40

you mean halfsplits? 

4:10 and 4:10. Don't want to get to half before 4:10..but will be happy with any time between 4:10 and 4:20

Cool, the old 50/50  :thumbup:

My mate who's gunning for a 4th silver is sitting with two sick daughters, both on Antibiotics... kakking himself. 

Stay healthy guys  :thumbup:

Cool, the old 50/50  :thumbup:

My mate who's gunning for a 4th silver is sitting with two sick daughters, both on Antibiotics... kakking himself. 

Stay healthy guys  :thumbup:

ja..my one daughter is sick as a dog on antibiotics....I've moved into the spare room this week and steering clear away from her...luckily she understands!

you mean halfsplits? 

We can only Hope

Plan is all the 3s at halfway , 3h33

Pace chart is built around a 7h12... That's Plan B

Plan A would be too run a Negative Split, Plan C is to hang on for Silver..

Planning for Comrades is soo hard to do compared to a Marathon.. all the best laid plans can go pear shaped very early (35kms which in a marathon is nearing the end).

But the Mileage is done, 2150kms this week, hit all my Speed Goals for the year so far.... so now I just need a Perfect Day on the road..

Good Luck to everyone out there...

Gonna be such an Awesome day, I cant wait now

Wots the weather looking like for the weekend?

Wife is leaving zurich tonight for JNB while I've been here (JNB ) since last week... Hope she does not end up sitting next to someone who Is sick... She has throat, nasal and hand sprays with her to try keep the bugs at bay.

She also has a few little niggles and has reduced the training programs taper by about 40% to try and get that fresh leg feeling back in time for Sunday.

Her last down run was a dnf (at the last cut off @ 82k) so she is really hoping not to go through that again. Quite stressfull for her.

Wife is leaving zurich tonight for JNB while I've been here (JNB ) since last week... Hope she does not end up sitting next to someone who Is sick... She has throat, nasal and hand sprays with her to try keep the bugs at bay.

She also has a few little niggles and has reduced the training programs taper by about 40% to try and get that fresh leg feeling back in time for Sunday.

Her last down run was a dnf (at the last cut off @ 82k) so she is really hoping not to go through that again. Quite stressfull for her.

wishing her all the best swiss

Hey Swiss

Weather looking cracker. What kit is your wife in? We'll give her a big cheer as she goes by

Hey Swiss

Weather looking cracker. What kit is your wife in? We'll give her a big cheer as she goes by

Thanks Stretch and Benjamin

Running in Sunward park striders kit, basically red vest and black shorts

If I don't bump into you guys before the day, all the best and see u at the finish ????