ScottCM

FOMO was eating me alive yesterday.

Stretch, you klapped it... 10 minutes out over that distance is like a hole in one on a par 5  ;)

Well done to everyone else, I'm sure the memories will live long in the memory!

At least now when you do run you can run with those funky socks without fear of mockery as the new record holder ran with them, ;)

Edited by ScottC-M

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swiss, how did your wife do?

She finished in 11:53 and felt good other than the typical soreness everyone suffers.

Started with a few niggles but funny enough they did not surface at all.

Imo she did really well, she is not fast and had to keep going the whole time to ensure she kept ahead of the cut offs. I managed to see her at 5 different places on the route and each time she looked good and determined to finish.

Im not sure I have the courage or determination to try this race.....well done to all who did it.

Edited by SwissVan

She finished in 11:53 and felt good other than the typical soreness everyone suffers.

Started with a few niggles but funny enough they did not surface at all.

Imo she did really well, she is not fast and had to keep going the whole time to ensure she kept ahead of the cut offs. I managed to see her at 5 different places on the route and each time she looked good and determined to finish.

Im not sure I have the courage or determination to try this race.....well done to all who did it.

Kudos to her, amazing!

so now that all the dust has settled...we will wait and see what transpires with the urine tests of the winners. What an incredible feat by Gatebe. He broke the previous record by a solid 2 minutes and improved his PB by 47 minutes. Now this is where I go "say what?!" 47 minutes for an elite is a significant improvement. It is one thing to go from an 8:30 to a 7:30...but a 6:05 to 5:18 requires some serious dedication and everything on the day to just go right. Add to this that there was a question mark around the previous record already....I hope I am wrong...but I guess time will tell.

Herewith his previous times...an improvement of 10 minutes over three years...and then the 47 minutes this year.

post-7169-0-78919700-1464775527_thumb.jpg

who else has done it?

well Bob de la Motte went from a 6:04 to a 5:30 from 82 to 84 without running in 83. So he focused entirely on that run in 84 for 2 solid years

It took bruce 9 years to go from 6:11 to 5:24

Interested in others thoughts

so now that all the dust has settled...we will wait and see what transpires with the urine tests of the winners. What an incredible feat by Gatebe. He broke the previous record by a solid 2 minutes and improved his PB by 47 minutes. Now this is where I go "say what?!" 47 minutes for an elite is a significant improvement. It is one thing to go from an 8:30 to a 7:30...but a 6:05 to 5:18 requires some serious dedication and everything on the day to just go right. Add to this that there was a question mark around the previous record already....I hope I am wrong...but I guess time will tell.

Herewith his previous times...an improvement of 10 minutes over three years...and then the 47 minutes this year.

attachicon.gifgatebe.JPG

who else has done it?

well Bob de la Motte went from a 6:04 to a 5:30 from 82 to 84 without running in 83. So he focused entirely on that run in 84 for 2 solid years

It took bruce 9 years to go from 6:11 to 5:24

Interested in others thoughts

I was thinking the exact same thing. Lets hope everything is clean and 100%. Because it did look like he had lots of extra energy in the end....

Me, Haha

Went 22, 46, and now another 62 mins Faster for my 7h01.56... :clap:  :clap:

And I'm pretty Clean.... :ph34r:

But you are probably right, sad to say, that's was an Unbelievable run out of the blue

post-30019-0-32932600-1464776829_thumb.jpg

Me, Haha

And I'm pretty Clean.... :ph34r:

But you are probably right, sad to say, that's was an Unbelievable run out of the blue

Hey hey, congrats on the Pb and Silver Ferret. You deserved it with all the training you put in.

Me, Haha

i think anything above 6 hours it is entirely feasible to cut an hour off a pb. Bob de la motte went from 9:10 to 6:03 in one year...but as soon as you start hitting those "elite" times the ability to improve by big margins reduces significantly. 

Congrats to all the Hubbers. I finished in 10:38, felt strong the second half but decided to help my fellow club mates to get over the finish line. It is one of the best feelings in the world to cross that finish line. So now I am resting a bit and then cycling starts... cannot wait to get onto my bike!

Hey hey, congrats on the Pb and Silver Ferret. You deserved it with all the training you put in.

Thanks ScottC

and congrats Stretch on your great run..