ScottCM

Got a second opinion and confirmation of a stress fracture in my right tibia. Looks like a few weeks/months of no running.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a second opinion and confirmation of a stress fracture in my right tibia. Looks like a few weeks/months of no running.

Swak dude, heal up soon

****.. Sorry man

Not lekker man! Heal up! I was prescribed some vitamin D suplement and caltrate to help heal it a bit faster. Take it easy man.

Had a week off with PF... Sill tender and bruised.. Looks like I'm going to take another week off.. Hoping it clears up after that second week. Accompanying the rest with ice cataflam stretching and physio.... Very frustrating

As I couldn't (or rather elected not to) take my bike(s) with on holiday, I had to get my "VAR" points some how.

Initial plan was to walk 10k steps everyday and run (read: plod) up the mountain to get the other required points.

Then I saw the run equivalent of the Rapha500 for riding and decided "why not?" - 70km later, of which 55km were for the Festive Run challenge, and I've decided to push on.

Downloaded the C25K app to "guide" me to run a decent 5km in 8 weeks. I'm 2 weeks in and hating it, but I'm not going to give up.

Perhaps I'll take up the Vitality run option to get a decent pair or running shoes - currently using an old pair of Salamon XA 3D which have little to no tread left (in places).

So, I wouldn't say I have a running problem, but a problem running.

Let's see how it affects my cycling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I couldn't (or rather elected not to) take my bike(s) with on holiday, I had to get my "VAR" points some how.

Initial plan was to walk 10k steps everyday and run (read: plod) up the mountain to get the other required points.

Then I saw the run equivalent of the Rapha500 for riding and decided "why not?" - 70km later, of which 55km were for the Festive Run challenge, and I've decided to push on.

Downloaded the C25K app to "guide" me to run a decent 5km in 8 weeks. I'm 2 weeks in and hating it, but I'm not going to give up.

Perhaps I'll take up the Vitality run option to get a decent pair or running shoes - currently using an old pair of Salamon XA 3D which have little to no tread left (in places).

A proper pair or running shoes will definitely help and improve the enjoyment of running.

Vitality booster is implemented from 14 January 2017, although Sportsmans has a yellow ticket sale on at the moment.  I picked up some replacement running shoes for half price (with the 25% back as well) as my current pair needed replacing.  

Will also get another pair once the shoe booster is implemented, although will only be in Feb as have maxed out my money back for January already!

So having hardly run for best part of ten years (all of which was spent on the bike), this morning was my first 5km jog/walk. Felt good to be back and lets hope that it continues.

Having run all during my school days and well into my mid 30's, the body needed a break.

Back on the road now in build up to IM 2018.

That said, the bike will always be the 1st choice...

Takelot having a big sale on running shoes if you looking for a pair http://www.takealot.com/deals/sport-flash-sale_?sort=BestSelling%20Descending&rows=30&start=30&backend=fbye-snprg-pyvrag&filter=Available:true&filter=Promotions:51077&filter=Brand:%22Asics%22

was just about to post the same link.. ^_^

Running helps cycling, thats for sure but I dont think cycling helps running.  :mellow: My legs are so "heavy" going for a run after ive been for a cycle. 

Thanks, but step one for me will be to find a shoe that fits properly. Comfort before brand

Anyone know of knowledgeable shops/sales peeps?

just pulled the trigger and entered Om di Dam half in 10 weeks time, going to be a challenge as i am not a runner and although i can run 10km now, thats not a 21km. going to have to train hard before then.

Edited by Cruz Addict

I have found that the gap from 10 upwards is not as big. Once you can run 10, you're waxed. 5k being first big obstacle, then 10. After that, just add gradually.

Good luck with the training and race!  :thumbup: Keep us updated. And ask questions - a lot of knowledge between these guys. Present company excluded, I'm a running newbie!