ScottCM

I can't believe how many people love running in the rain! haven't heard a bad thing about the weather yet from ODD.

I even rage at water point helpers who spray me or squeeze a sponge that hits my feet. Wet socks or shoes is my worst!

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, for whatever reason, she did not start Om die Dam this weekend... :( :unsure:

She must have been a bit emotional not being able to defend her title this year due to her injury

I think I saw her running Deloittes... With a normal race number and not with one showing her name. I really hope she has recovered from her injury, I am a huge fan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hacc, that sounds like you had a good learning experience! Well done, those are always worth pushing through. Glad you got that out of the way, nausea incl, and will now be ready for the fun run in the cape! 

And special kudo's for helping a struggling fellow runner!  :thumbup:

I can't believe how many people love running in the rain! haven't heard a bad thing about the weather yet from ODD.

I even rage at water point helpers who spray me or squeeze a sponge that hits my feet. Wet socks or shoes is my worst!

I'm pretty much used to running in puddles and past muddy dairies.. But believe it or not I'm yet to be caught in the rain here. Think I've had one run in the rain in the past 6 months

https://fourwaysreview.co.za/278806/graphic-content-42-year-old-female-jogger-and-fourways-resident-raped-in-a-ditch-on-kingfisher-drive-and-witkoppen-road/

Right on my training route.

I have seen many ladies running alone and I always ask them please join our group .

Very sad.

This is very sad. Unfortunately, the days of ladies running alone at any time of day are long gone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I actually love to train in the rain. You don't overheat so easily lol. And if you live here in the slowveld, any rain is better than running in 40'C heat.

Stretch, whilst we are on this subject. Out of experience and seeing that the entries is even more this year, what time do recon would we have to leave from Umshlanga to not be caught out in traffic and miss the start?

Don't know to be honest... But they close indirect roads quite early. Wouldn't leave any later than 4 if the start is 6