ScottCM

I cant seem to find my rhythm after Kaapsehoop race. Legs are still dead tired. Cant believe I have to take short walking breaks on a 10km run. Taking a rest day today. Hopefully I feel better by Saturday Morning.

Ran for the first time since Kaapsehoop last night... little inter-club TT. Must say I actually felt pretty good, ran 23:11 for the 5km's which is pretty solid for me  :thumbup: 

I'm thinking that Kaapsehoop race profile does a lot more damage to the legs than your average little marathon.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Done Andrew. Great Time. Think I started running a bit to early. Should've rested a couple more days. Lol

Well Done Andrew. Great Time. Think I started running a bit to early. Should've rested a couple more days. Lol

I've become a huge fan of resting... maybe too big a fan  :blush: 

Yeah, my TT speed is super fast, almost on par with your LSD runs  :w00t: 

Friend of mine also last night, disappointed in his 18:13 for the 5kms... apparently he hasn't been doing any speedwork. I like to think that when I'm older I'll be fast like you speed demons, but then I remember I'm already 36

There is something wrong with you..  Is this what Comrades do to people?    :D

Hahaha... that was some atrocious word choice on my part. I have never ever ever finished a marathon and thought - Sjoe, that was easy... wish it had been a little longer  :rolleyes:

I've become a huge fan of resting... maybe too big a fan  :blush: 

Yeah, my TT speed is super fast, almost on par with your LSD runs  :w00t:

Friend of mine also last night, disappointed in his 18:13 for the 5kms... apparently he hasn't been doing any speedwork. I like to think that when I'm older I'll be fast like you speed demons, but then I remember I'm already 36

Only 36. pah youngster, you should be running sub 40 min on a 10km at that age......

Anyone a member of Run / Walk for Life? Is it worth joining for their training?

I am looking for somebody to run with as well as have structured training for up to 21km.

I'm lucky. With all of my personalities I'm never alone. 

And neither am I. 

You should hear the arguments...  :whistling: 

Question on a more serious note - how about your local running club?

I'm lucky. With all of my personalities I'm never alone. 

And neither am I. 

You should hear the arguments...  :whistling: 

Question on a more serious note - how about your local running club?

Haha

Irene Club is the closest. Will give them a shout and see what they have to offer. Thanks. 

Anyone a member of Run / Walk for Life? Is it worth joining for their training?

I am looking for somebody to run with as well as have structured training for up to 21km.

any club is better than no club.  But be warned some clubs are OMTOM clubs, some are comrades clubs and some are park run clubs, so choose wisely.

I find it harder running a flat course than an undulating one!! My body takes a lot more strain because there is no place to recover on a flat course.

If can confirm this. Flat courses make you run faster with no recovery time... Very difficult to adjust to

I had a hectic week work wise and my running suffered a bit this week, I guess it is good to "taper" for 94.7. 

Well done Andrew on an excellent time trial! I suffered to run under 5 min a km last night for just 3kms...

My question to the speed freaks / "Kenyan-like" runners on this thread: How do you gradually increase your speed? Is it just a case of doing more speed work? Seeing that we are approaching the "off" season soon, I want to concentrate on speed. What does your typical training plan look like for the second half of November and the whole of December?

Edited by Hacc

Second Half of November is just a chilled easy run Month. No Long Runs, maybe one 2hour run. And Dec I usually start building again slowly. Maybe just 1 speed work a week. No hard training.

I cant seem to find my rhythm after Kaapsehoop race. Legs are still dead tired. Cant believe I have to take short walking breaks on a 10km run. Taking a rest day today. Hopefully I feel better by Saturday Morning.

My legs also took a pounding on Kaapsehoop - underestimated that race! Ran a slow 10km club run on Tuesday and felt okay and will run 10km again tomorrow. Just going to run easy from now till year end (besides the RAC tough one next weekend)!

My legs also took a pounding on Kaapsehoop - underestimated that race! Ran a slow 10km club run on Tuesday and felt okay and will run 10km again tomorrow. Just going to run easy from now till year end (besides the RAC tough one next weekend)!

So not looking forward to Tough One, going to be a long day for me.