ScottCM

I might also bail on doing my 21km... I'll have to get up at 3am almost  :blush:

I am leaving home already at 3 am. It is going to be a long day. I am looking forward to my 2 hour afternoon nap on Sunday.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh 5:30am start.... that definitely going to make my Sunday a long day!!

What was the reason for the change to earlier? The heat?

Yoh 5:30am start.... that definitely going to make my Sunday a long day!!

What was the reason for the change to earlier? The heat?

Yes, mainly the heat. I think traffic also played a role in the decision.

Last year the marshals had their hands full at some of the intersections.

6 am

Ok thanks. A 05:30 start sounds quite reasonable to me. Also get up at three on race days so that doesn’t seem strange to me as well. Then again, as a shift worker I am used to early starts.

Well, at least that means I won't be buying a lot this year

I dunno, their quality is not bad in my limited experience and at least as a big positive the apparel will be a lot more affordable for your average Comrades runner. 

It will unfortunately all still be made in the far east as per usual  :blush:

I dunno, their quality is not bad in my limited experience and at least as a big positive the apparel will be a lot more affordable for your average Comrades runner.

It will unfortunately all still be made in the far east as per usual :blush:

Since I started running it has been in Maxed shorts and shirts. Refuse to pay Nike/Adidas etc prices on something I wear only when running and that’s gonna end up sweat stained in any case. In terms of durability it has lasted me longer than what I would have expected. Comfort wise also not too bad. Have done plenty of long runs in them with no chafing.

It will unfortunately all still be made in the far east as per usual  :blush:

True on the affordable part; my dislike stems from the time I almost lost two nipples while doing a 32km in a Maxed shirt. Like sandpaper I tell you. (Yes, I did lube up beforehand) 

Probably an isolated incident, but I'm in the once-bitten camp as far as gear is concerned, so will probably not buy anything from them again.

Edited by Craai

I use Maxed shorts, and have 3 shirts.

Both shorts and shirts have lasted me well over 3 years of near-constant use.

Only problem I have is odour. The shirts don't breathe as well as I'd like. That being said, the only shirt I have found so far that doesn't stink after a tough run is one from Core Merino. I wasn't keen on pay R400+ for a t-shirt, but it has been well worth it!

Now, if only Maxed still made ladies shorts with pockets!

True on the affordable part; my dislike stems from the time I almost lost two nipples while doing a 32km in a Maxed shirt. Like sandpaper I tell you. (Yes, I did lube up beforehand) 

Probably an isolated incident, but I'm in the once-bitten camp as far as gear is concerned, so will probably not buy anything from them again.

I use Maxed shorts, and have 3 shirts.

Both shorts and shirts have lasted me well over 3 years of near-constant use.

Only problem I have is odour. The shirts don't breathe as well as I'd like. That being said, the only shirt I have found so far that doesn't stink after a tough run is one from Core Merino. I wasn't keen on pay R400+ for a t-shirt, but it has been well worth it!

Now, if only Maxed still made ladies shorts with pockets!

Yup...my maxed shorts are still going...4 years later... My maxed shirt for thrown away because of the stink

Question guys:

Is Run the Berg really worth the huge cost??

cheapest im finding is R6390 for self catering accommodation and entry.  Thats more expensive than Zingela with all meals and luxury accommodation included??

I might also bail on doing my 21km... I'll have to get up at 3am almost  :blush:

Nah, It's mat to mat timing; start whenever you like  :clap:

Yup...my maxed shorts are still going...4 years later... My maxed shirt for thrown away because of the stink

Honestly can't remember when last I bought a shirt in any case; so many races give free shirts away when you enter; I literally have an entire wardrobe full of them. Probably the ones I enjoy the most are the Ironman 70.3/5150 shirts; nice fit, no chaffing, breathes well.

Honestly can't remember when last I bought a shirt in any case; so many races give free shirts away when you enter; I literally have an entire wardrobe full of them. Probably the ones I enjoy the most are the Ironman 70.3/5150 shirts; nice fit, no chaffing, breathes well.

Yup... Same here.. Although I've had to buy a few long sleeve ones for winter training here

Only ever bought maxed socks once, never any of their clothing.

Also have more than enough freebie tshirts that I generally give them away as soon as i get them.  Only keep a couple that i collect throughout the year.