MTO Trails - Jonkershoek (an update on Jonkershoek)

BobbyBehan

So I saw a post on IG about Status Quo and am keen to have a look but not sure where it is, can anyone describe the best route to the trailhead?

Its about 50m from the start of Armageddon if you come up with the Mega Climb to Saaltjie. You peel off to the right onto a skinny piece of trail. There is a sign, so you really can't miss it.

Status Quo is steeper than the price of petrol nowadays. Check your brakes before you start the decent, or just put a stick between your rear wheel spokes, not like anything is going to help you slow down on this hill anyways. Yolo.

Edited by Rock Guy

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, quick question with regard to Family permits purchased online. I thought it time to take the plunge and get a family permit since my boy will be joining me more often for rides in there and we were supposed to have a family outing there Sunday. 

So I went through the whole shabang as per any other online purchase, via the MTO website. It went onto my ABSA secure where I entered the OTP and I got confirmation that the transaction was successful. The next screen prompts one to download the MyMTO App. I did that but there is no sign of my permit purchase.. Go back to the website, I eventually found record of it in "My profile/account//purchase history/permits" where it seems to be active..

Anyone use the website to pay for a day permit recently? 

Hi Guys, quick question with regard to Family permits purchased online. I thought it time to take the plunge and get a family permit since my boy will be joining me more often for rides in there and we were supposed to have a family outing there Sunday.

So I went through the whole shabang as per any other online purchase, via the MTO website. It went onto my ABSA secure where I entered the OTP and I got confirmation that the transaction was successful. The next screen prompts one to download the MyMTO App. I did that but there is no sign of my permit purchase.. Go back to the website, I eventually found record of it in "My profile/account//purchase history/permits" where it seems to be active..

Anyone use the website to pay for a day permit recently?

Message them up, i renewed my permit at the gate last year and it never showed on the site nor the app. I sent them a dm on Instagram and they resolved within 24 hours.

Now I just open up my app they scan the bar code and off i go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, been out of the loop for a while due to various reasons, but is Jonkershoek open again yet?

Hi, been out of the loop for a while due to various reasons, but is Jonkershoek open again yet?

yes!

And the trails are looking mint after the rain! They were busy doing some maintenance on Red Phoenix this past weekend, so very keen to go and ride that. Probably only next week if I look at the predicted rain this coming weekend though...

• 3 months later...

Can anyone confirm if Jonkers is back open again after being closed last weekend?

Open and operational. The only trail I know is definitely closed is Status Quo.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up. The Jonkershoek mountain challenge is on Sunday 8 Nov. Some trails will be closed, see below.

f7bd7b0924dff25b1a6f4085fe612d4a.jpg

Edited by PhilipV

Just a heads up. The Jonkershoek mountain challenge is on Sunday 8dec. Some trails will be closed, see below.

I haven't seen you out there in while, i get Grease Monkey and Berg Fiets quite often. You riding groad or what?

I haven't seen you out there in while, i get Grease Monkey and Berg Fiets quite often. You riding groad or what?

TBH I'm not riding a lot. And when I do it's mostly Helderberg. I reckon I have only been back in Jonkers about four times this year. If you are doing the Conties enduro I'll tag you in or out at one of the stages.

I've skipped the groad vibe and went straight into trail running.

Well more like trail (slow) jogging.

Just a heads up. The Jonkershoek mountain challenge is on Sunday 8dec. Some trails will be closed, see below.

Jy bedoel seker Sondag 8 November?