Eurobike 2015

Nick

We've handed the keys to our Instagram account to our European Correspondent. I'll be reposting his photos and videos in this thread.

Please also get involved and share any interesting stuff you've spotted coming out of Eurobike.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DMR Trailstar - Eurobike 2015

Details
• Slack, low, fun
• 27.5” specific
• 27+ compatible (2.8” tyre clearance)
• 140/150mm fork geometry
• Stealth dropper routing
• Tapered head tube
• Heat treated 4130 chromoly steel
• ISCG05 mounts
• Super low standover height
• S,M and L sizes
• 2.8kg
• Stealth Black, Throwback Blue
• MSRP: £499.99 | €899.99 | $749.95 USD (frame only)

The 4130 tubed Trailstar attained an almost cult-status when it arrived in the UK around 15 years ago. One of the first 'all-round' bikes that you could take out on the trails, to your local dirt jumps, BMX track or even down a couple of stair-sets in your local town centre. It would do that still remain in one piece.

This completely re-designed version uses the original graphics with 'Stealth Black' or 'Throwback Blue' colours but the geometry and styling is a whole new beast. Geometry-wise there's a slack 66º head angle teamed with a 72º seat angle. Virtual top tube lengths are 595mm, 614mm and 634mm for the small, medium and large sizes respectively combined with 425mm chainstays out back. A threaded 73mm bottom bracket drops 40mm below the axles with a 150mm travel fork. 142x12mm Swopouts with thru-axle are included, and a quick release Swopout will be available.

http://es.pinkbike.org/245/sprt/i/bigquotes.png The original AM hardtail is reborn and ready for all you can throw at it. With slack, low geometry and a short rear end the Trailstar is built for the riding which got you hooked in the first place. - DMR Bikes

A 31.6mm seat tube with stealth dropper routing.

'Throwback Blue' paint and graphics to match the original Trailstar

The chainstays are wide enough to accommodate Plus-sized tires.

The Trailstar will be available as a frame kit only, but DMR have plenty of their own components if you crave brand alliance. Bars, stems, cranks, chainrings, saddle's and pedals of course.

Need more than three watts? Pick up one of CeramicSpeed’s special waxed chains, a business it bought from Friction Facts, the company VeloNews contracted for our lube tests. These fast chains are the result of that testing, and can save another half dozen watts over many common lubes. Shimano ($145), Campagnolo ($165) and SRAM XX1 ($129) chains are all available.

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/08/news/eurobike-liveblog-wednesday-august-26_382091#vY7CPkRz4kZAUlGC.99

post-13716-0-47770100-1440605703_thumb.jpg

CeramicSpeed says it can save you three watts just by swapping to its oversized derailleur pulleys.

The idea is simple: chain articulation steals watts, and a bigger pulley requires less chain articulation.

Students of the sport will recall riders like Fabian Cancellara experimenting with oversized pulleys in the past.

The big pulleys are compatible with Shimano derailleurs and cost $500. Campagnolo is coming mid-2016, and SRAM will be available shortly thereafter.

post-13716-0-11231100-1440605779_thumb.jpg

CeramicSpeed says it can save you three watts just by swapping to its oversized derailleur pulleys.

The idea is simple: chain articulation steals watts, and a bigger pulley requires less chain articulation.

Students of the sport will recall riders like Fabian Cancellara experimenting with oversized pulleys in the past.

The big pulleys are compatible with Shimano derailleurs and cost $500. Campagnolo is coming mid-2016, and SRAM will be available shortly thereafter.

That plus one of those turbine nose goodies perhaps I'll finally break 200w's FTP [emoji41]

Crazy expensive for just 2,5 -3watts Edited by LOOK695