2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry applications open

News bot

They are doing you a favour...you might get to only pay R470 instead of R800.

Clever idea at least this way all the entrants are entered into a data base and it makes it simple for the charities...now they randomly select the people want to pay R470 and the rest will recieve and email for the tickets at R800...is it right...thats for you to decide...

some will say it is a good idea others will say they getting ripped off...if you are already supporting charities you can cancel those and choose to support the ones the bicycle organisations support.

one thing i am learning about cycling...it is becoming an expensive sport...when you start adding up yearly license fees...track entrance fees...club memberships fees...race entry fees...or i suppose you can take a chance and ride for free on the road...just a pity it is so dangerous to ride on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just need some re-assurance to settle the nerves  - Has anyone had any feedback if they have received an entry for next years race? (Excluding the lucky ones that received an entry via the PPA early bird draw)

The press release said all will be done and dusted by 1 pm on Friday 2nd October.

So far I've heard NOTHING, and the waiting is driving me insane!! Not what I had in mind for my 19th Argus!

From the Cycle Tour Facebook page "All Cape Town Cycle Tour entry applicants will receive an email notification from 2 October to announce whether or not they’ve secured an entry"

The first rule of Cycle Tour entries, like that of Hitchhiking The Galaxy, is, DON'T PANIC, in big bold yellow letters! :D

Cape Town Cycle Tour @CTCycleTour 8:48am · 2 Oct 2015
Successful #CycleTour2016 entry applicants will start receiving confirmation emails today!

"Successful general entry applicants will be notified by Friday, 2 October at 1pm and will have until Monday, 26 October at 1pm to make payment and secure their entry."

Almost time for us (non PPA) plebs to find out if our entry was approved :drool:

Edited by Btus