Scott SA duck and diving the warranty claim

Kelson Elena Da Cruz

I have a Scott CR1 team road bike ( carbon frame ) and the frame still under warranty , on the Friday 31th Aug when I was doing interval training the top tube crack !

I been in contact with Scott SA and photos of the crack frame  email to the person responsible for the warranty claim but they refuse my claim on the grounds of external forces  applied on the bike so they claim is not a manufacture faulty . I paid a lot of money for carbon frames and should NOT crack that easy ! Scott SA is duck and diving of the warranty responsibility , I will take this matter forward up to the small court claims so a 3rd party can decided ! Anyone out there had the same experience ?

Please : Note Anyone would like to see the full Scott report plus photos 3MB I need the email adress because the Hub don't attached PDF files large than 2MB !

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Scott CR1 team road bike ( carbon frame ) and the frame still under warranty , on the Friday 31th Aug when I was doing interval training the top tube  crack !

I been in contact with Scott SA and photos of the crack frame  email to the person responsible for the warranty claim but they refuse my claim on the grounds of external forces  applied on the bike so they claim is not a manufacture faulty . I paid a lot of money for carbon frames and should NOT crack that easy ! Scott SA is duck and diving of the warranty responsibility , I will take this matter forward up to the small court claims so a 3rd party can decided ! Anyone out there had the same experience ?

Post some pictures of the crack.

Me and one of my friends have had very good service/luck with them..My Spark frame was delivered within 2 days..and his frame is on a shipment docking 18 September

I think there was a lady called Natalie?

Try this guy, Gareth.Lee@scott-sports.co.za

He was very helpful when I was trying to get pricing about upgrading my rear triangle on my Spark. Not sure if he deals with warranty claims, but he might be able to put you onto the right person...

Not sure who you dealing with at Scott but i bought a new CR1 20 in march... couple of rides in something wasnt right on the rear chainstays/dropouts so took it back to the dealer. Long story short got a new CR1 10 frame from Europe under warranty and haven't had any problems since.

The decision to replace the frame did come from Europe and not locally though.

this is one of those threads manne

jump on the bikehub

post your single post trashing someone or thing and gone

there are plenty of these threads

trolls

:ph34r: 

this is one of those threads manne

jump on the bikehub

post your single post trashing someone or thing and gone

there are plenty of these threads

trolls

:ph34r: 

What else should you do? No but seriously, what would be the correct way of handling this. I just want to know for one day when one of my frames crack. I don't want to be called a troll.

To the OP: are you dealing directly with Scott or the shop?

Scott says :" external forces  applied " - They probably see all kinds of cracks and knows which ones are possible and which aren't. But alas, lets see the pic, obviously if the axe is still stuck in the toptube they not going to replace it ;) 

What else should you do? No but seriously, what would be the correct way of handling this. I just want to know for one day when one of my frames crack. I don't want to be called a troll.

wow did you just have your third cup of java

cause you very agitated for so early in the am

the correct way is to go thru the process and accept the outcome

then if you truly belive you are being screwed

create a post

with dates names the process followed who spoke to whom what was said

and the official statement from the company as to why they wont honour and pictures  etc

and why you believe they should have

scott don't just say no they give reasons based on a world of experience

as you can read above the aren't trying to save bucks on one frame replacement

don't just come on here with your version and say others are wrong

theres yours side- theres the other side and in the middle some truth

always the same on here oh someone said such ill jump on the bandwagon because I don't care about truth or justice ill just believe some anonymous person who only joined this forum to complain about something ....

I'd say that if you have a grief like this, you'll have significant photographic evidence of the crack itself, and explain how it happened. Carbon frames don't just crack on the TT by "just riding along" and when it comes to loading them on particular styles of bike rack and / or repair stand, you can over-torque the clamps and  cause stress to those areas.,

Essentially - pics, motivation, clamping style etc

I think first things first - no matter whom you're dealing with at Scott if indeed it was a clamping issue that caused the damage - how was the frame transported (on what rack - how does it hold the bike), and where was it serviced - what kind of clamps do they use?  This is essentially not Scott's problem if that's the cause of the crack.

Please post a pic of the frame - and the damage. And tell us which rack you are using - also with a photo, preferably with the bike on the rack.

If it happened out riding, and your bike has never been clamped on the top tube, and gets transported inside your vehicle or on the roofracks on on the ride-on bike racks, you have all the right in the world to throw your toys.

I know this seems like we are choosing sides when we ask these questions - but they obviously feel they have reason to not address your warranty, and if they are right, it's not fair for you to cry wolf publicly.  If they're wrong, the Hub will be more than happy to back you up - and you will have all of our support.  We need all the info.

Archived