Niner Bikes introduce race-ready RKT 9 RDO

News bot

What does RKT stand for, Rand Kiss This?

It's days like these I wish I hadn't married a teacher!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must not sell kidneys. Must not sell kidneys. Maybe 1. And an appendix I'm not using.

Who buys an appendix?

Always been a niner fan this takes a step away from their usual design though...dunno if I like it...yet ;)

Who buys an appendix?

The world is a strange place - recently a danish dude was keeping girlie bits in his fridge... I figure there must be someone who thinks eating an appendix will make their manhood larger/give them xray vision and/or allow them to fly.

One bottle cage???? someone dropped the ball there for a longhaul bike....

No crank, pivot, cable, shifter or ball dropped :) When designing the bike the consideration of 2 bottle cages was taken, but when tested and the over all look looked at, the feeling was that 1 bottle was far better. We tend to agree ;)

Fortunately, you get seat post after market bottle cages now days for some of the more thirsty riders 

Does anyone have stats on mountain bike sales year on year?  I'd really like to see whether the recent (R50k is now the starting price for a decent bike) trend has had any impact on sales whatsoever.

Are people paying these amounts with the same frequency they were paying R20k less last year or the year before?

I wonder what the divorce / sequestration stats say for the same period.

No crank, pivot, cable, shifter or ball dropped :) When designing the bike the consideration of 2 bottle cages was taken, but when tested and the over all look looked at, the feeling was that 1 bottle was far better. We tend to agree ;)

Fortunately, you get seat post after market bottle cages now days for some of the more thirsty riders 

I like that approach, a good performing suspension is more important than the extra cage

Does anyone have stats on mountain bike sales year on year?  I'd really like to see whether the recent (R50k is now the starting price for a decent bike) trend has had any impact on sales whatsoever.

Are people paying these amounts with the same frequency they were paying R20k less last year or the year before?

I wonder what the divorce / sequestration stats say for the same period.

I think you would need to take a single model from a manufacturer to do the comparison. Like an sworks epic / anthem / scalpel, look at comparitive pricing over years.

I think you would need to take a single model from a manufacturer to do the comparison. Like an sworks epic / anthem / scalpel, look at comparitive pricing over years.

But in all earnestness, it just seems like mid-range priced bikes (R30k - R40k) are becoming a thing of the past.  I can count on one hand the bikes that fall in that range and the spec on them is also starting to make sad reading.

But in all earnestness, it just seems like mid-range priced bikes (R30k - R40k) are becoming a thing of the past.  I can count on one hand the bikes that fall in that range and the spec on them is also starting to make sad reading.

Then again, with 15% real inflation on bikes due to currency creep it's no surprise that 2013's R30k bike is now 2016's R44k bike.  Just strange that the spec is pound for pound worse than it was in 2013 despite all the advances made in drivetrains etc.

Maybe...look the rand is nailing us...no two ways. Also Niner isn't exactly giant(no offense to giant owners they are great bikes). You will always pay more for the niche brands. Value is mos maar relative.

I will never be able to afford the shoot the lights out model....but if I had they money, boom I would get one.