Garage broken into last night 13/10/2015

Roshambo

Flip I am not joking when I say I have left my bikes outside in the parking lot of my little complex (pan handle in linden) against the pole of the shading a few times over night....then I get outside the morning and I am like "flip how the heck did I forget it AGAIN and it is STILL here!"  :eek:  :huh:  

Last week my wife asked me to get a few things from the shop before I went home, i carried my bike over the shops turnstiles and walked around the shop with my bike, people were looking at me funny, but I would never leave my bike unattended and unlocked.

Been quite a few house break-in's in the Auckland Park / Mayfair area as well... it's that time of the year, rather keeps your bikes in the house, it's too easy to walk away with a bike. I keep my commuter bike in the garage, but my Anthem stays in the house...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Street ? Ave?

Flip we are struggling with crime in our area hey. 

I live in Linden too. 

Did you hear anything or just wake up to find what happened?

6th street Hayley

Didn't hear a damn thing! Crappy discovery this morning... Have notified Cash Crusaders, Police etc and yes I'm insured, but they were my babies :(

Pics...

Eh Tom. As I've messaged you, so sorry man. Special sentiment attached to that On-One for me as it was the first frame I imported. Hope you find them both.

Sorry Bud, my bikes live in the lounge leaning on the TV cabinett. When the wife watches her series at least I have my bikes to look at!

Didn't hear a damn thing! Crappy discovery this morning... Have notified Cash Crusaders, Police etc and yes I'm insured, but they were my babies :(

I have come to learn a few things of the skelms that operate in our area...I don't sleep much during the night or sleep super light and hear a lot

1. they whistle for communication, you can hear them clearly 

2. they will get into your yard if your neighbours don't have good security (even if you have)..they use trees or their walls or things they might have packed against their walls or or (it is important to know your neighbours yard along your fence line too

3. THEY COME BACK. This is something that I think stands out clearly in Linden. If they were in your yard once and did not get into your house and taken at least your laptops and phones and and they will be coming back. I don't know how they got into your property, but if you think there is a 'soft spot' somewhere, secure it up, NOW. Don't leave it till 'later'.

I think one of the most important things you can do for yourself is to have something in place to wake you up before they touch your house (so not when they are inside already). So either beams in the yard or a dog than barks. Luckily the dogs around me don't bark often, so when they do (especially in the middle of the night) then I know something is dodgy. I phone the Linden watch number (not the police) and without fail they have been there every time with police back up in 3-4 min (not kidding, they have been great). 

It sucks, but unfortunately all we can do is to gear up, and be ready to prevent or be ready for the next time.....a sniper dude on the roof of Red Pepper will be great I think ..hehe

Archived