[Event] CWC Durbie Dash

Doeda

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I phoned to make sure about the starting times, and it is as per website -  :clap:      Saturday 24 October: Durbanville High School  

The Fair Cape Chain Breaker MTB 65 km Event 05h45 The Wheatlands Dash Road 90 km Long Distance 06h00 The Meerendal Muscle Jammer MTB 45 km Event 06h45 The Bloemendal Rock Buster MTB 25 km Event 07h00 The Winelands Meander Road 46 km Medium Distance 07h15 The Altydgedacht Dust Buster MTB 12 km Fun Ride 07h30

YaSUS - i skrikked big time when i saw the entry fees - never mind the late entry fee. Chris Willemse isn't shy when it come to this type of thing. i've entered but it has left a bad taste in my mouth. i'm expecting a bottle of coke at the finish not a half a cup.  

Yeah the price was a bit steep, paid R200 when I entered in August, however we will get our money's worth as there are 500m more climbing this time round. 

YaSUS - i skrikked big time when i saw the entry fees - never mind the late entry fee. Chris Willemse isn't shy when it come to this type of thing. i've entered but it has left a bad taste in my mouth. i'm expecting a bottle of coke at the finish not a half a cup.  

Last year they gave us a milkshake + coke table at the end.

Last year they gave us a milkshake + coke table at the end.

That was because Faircape is one of the sponsors. Perhaps we get the same this year. Pity we do not get to ride through their barns like we used to previously. 

I am helping a friend out of X bunch to get better seeding. Looking forward to 90km TT

You will be "that guy" with plenty of, can I get a push, tie a rope to you, thrown in for good measure.

I phoned to make sure about the starting times, and it is as per website -  :clap:      Saturday 24 October: Durbanville High School  

The Fair Cape Chain Breaker MTB 65 km Event 05h45 The Wheatlands Dash Road 90 km Long Distance 06h00 The Meerendal Muscle Jammer MTB 45 km Event 06h45 The Bloemendal Rock Buster MTB 25 km Event 07h00 The Winelands Meander Road 46 km Medium Distance 07h15 The Altydgedacht Dust Buster MTB 12 km Fun Ride 07h30

Great, got places to be, a braai to braai and a game to watch.

Just hope that they don't give the " bottle openers" to all finishers lol.

It's gonna be medals, people love their medals...

It's gonna be medals, people love their medals...

If you going to give people want they want, there would be kegs at the finish line. 

And because we in CPT, it would have to be craft.

*the beer not the clothing

If you going to give people want they want, there would be kegs at the finish line. 

And because we in CPT, it would have to be craft.

*the beer not the clothing

Hehe, people will drink the beer first and then ask where are their medals?

Medals are fun for the first year or so, then it becomes a problem. What does one do with so many medals? I have stopped taking them after a race. Rather give me something useful, something I can eat or drink while I wait for my old man to finish.

Medals are fun for the first year or so, then it becomes a problem. What does one do with so many medals? I have stopped taking them after a race. Rather give me something useful, something I can eat or drink while I wait for my old man to finish.

You mean something like a bottle opener - read last year's thread to see how well that went down...

Archived