Youngsters riding at Northern Farm :-)

Bonus

Rode at Northern Farm yesterday and was really chuffed to see so many kiddies riding with their parents.

I guess the fact that they have kiddie bikes to hire at the shop has helped with that.

Saw one lighty - maybe four years old - riding along in front of his dad with a look of absolute concentration on his face. Good for him!

Also saw a long group of youngsters in CHOC kit (maybe training for 94.7?) riding along. They were behaving very well, keeping left etc. Good training from someone!

:-)

What a relief. Saw thread title and thought it was going to be another rant by a Gnarly God whos Redbull Run was ruined by a kid just trying to have fun.

I love it when you see lighties doing this cycling thing. Always be sure to give a word of encouragement as you pass them, it goes a long way for a kid to hear a "oom" say something good. If they pass YOU, its fair game and you must Strava them!

I was halfway through passing the CHOC riders and I pulled into a gap in the group and just rode with them for a little while. Just for the pleasure of it :-)

I was there with my 7 year old daughter. She did her first 10km ride in 57 minutes. The amount of joy I'm getting from seeing her enjoy herself and push herself is just unbelievable!

And I must congratulate my fellow mountain bikers on the route. Everyone, even the most hardcore ones, had something positive to say to her when they passed, and I could see that it really pushed her up those hills.

Afterwards I bought her a chocolate milk and she said to me: "Pappa, nou is ek 'n regte mountain biker!"

Love it!

Awesome, had a blast with my niece and nephew (6yrs and 9yrs) recently at NF.

Everybody had a jol, even the people behind us didn't scream blue murder on the single track!!

NF is truly a great place for the kids! Cant wait till my son is old enough....

I was there with my 7 year old daughter. She did her first 10km ride in 57 minutes. The amount of joy I'm getting from seeing her enjoy herself and push herself is just unbelievable!

And I must congratulate my fellow mountain bikers on the route. Everyone, even the most hardcore ones, had something positive to say to her when they passed, and I could see that it really pushed her up those hills.

Afterwards I bought her a chocolate milk and she said to me: "Pappa, nou is ek 'n regte mountain biker!"

Love it!

The hardcore mountainbikers will always be positive, it`s the wannabe/semi `pro`s` and Stravaholes that will give you ***! Glad your kids are loving it , I`m still working on mine.

What a relief. Saw thread title and thought it was going to be another rant by a Gnarly God whos Redbull Run was ruined by a kid just trying to have fun.

I love it when you see lighties doing this cycling thing. Always be sure to give a word of encouragement as you pass them, it goes a long way for a kid to hear a "oom" say something good. If they pass YOU, its fair game and you must Strava them!

Leave me out of this.... I love kids riding.

I was there with my 7 year old daughter. . . .

. . . Afterwards I bought her a chocolate milk and she said to me: "Pappa, nou is ek 'n regte mountain biker!"

Love it!

Cool! You realize that she will most likely now grow up and kick your ass right?

Saw plenty of kids on the Spruit as well yesterday morning, really looking forward to the day my son is a bit bigger so I can go riding with him, at the moment I have FEVA Foam seat for him, and he's still getting used to the Muna.

Yesterday Northerns was a pleasure to ride with my kids. Everyone that passed us or who were passed by my daughter were polite and positive towards them, Thank you All!

The kids are inspired to go further by these comments.

The little guy, 6yr, heard us speaking of the Enchanted forest last week and was nagging to do that piece of trail.

I took him in there yesterday on 20" wheels thinking this was going to be a slow walk rather than a ride.  

WOW was i surprised! he rode over all but the biggest logs with very little effort.

To follow him and watch the standing up, trying to lift the wheel a bit and sliding the back into some of the tight corners is brilliant.

Last Week after Spruit Milkshake

post-47178-0-05794900-1445252649_thumb.jpg

Yesterday Northerns was a pleasure to ride with my kids. Everyone that passed us or who were passed by my daughter were polite and positive towards them, Thank you All!

The kids are inspired to go further by these comments.

The little guy, 6yr, heard us speaking of the Enchanted forest last week and was nagging to do that piece of trail.

I took him in there yesterday on 20" wheels thinking this was going to be a slow walk rather than a ride.  

WOW was i surprised! he rode over all but the biggest logs with very little effort.

To follow him and watch the standing up, trying to lift the wheel a bit and sliding the back into some of the tight corners is brilliant.

Last Week after Spruit Milkshake

attachicon.gifAlec so cool.jpg

Great shirt too.... :thumbup:

I take my daughter and a bunch of mates there and do the pink/green route witha bit of blue to spice it up. We work up to about 10km. They love it! Except for the fact that its all uphill coming back..

We try and go a bit later in the mornings so its not so busy, and we don't have to get out of bed at sparrows for what should be a 'fun' ride, the only down side to that however, is that during summer it gets hot out there.

Also 8 kids and me is like herding cats as they all have different ideas of when to stop, food breaks, water stops, direction, pace, trail etiquette etc. The boys want to dice and there is always a spill or two.

Its a cool day out and they love it!

Cool! You realize that she will most likely now grow up and kick your ass right?

And it will be an expensive ass kicking!

Archived