There's a taxi in Main Road, Mowbray with this as the hooter, getting me in Le Tour mode...

ha! love it!

I would recommend anyone who gets the chance, to go along and catch a stage at least once in a lifetime. Even if it's part of a normal holiday. Well worth it. And as much as I'm enjoying the Giro, Le Tour really is something else ..  . ;-)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not cool!!

The State Department advised U.S. citizens Tuesday to be aware of terrorism risks at three major events in Europe this summer.

The European Soccer Championships and the Tour de France, two sporting events that last several weeks in France, are being labeled by authorities as potential terror sites in the wake of recent terror-related events in Europe

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/travel-alert-state-department-tour-de-france-euro-cup/2016/05/31/id/731598/

Would be cool if some of the guys that ride the spruit would fit them to their bikes

I would if I was still there!

Very interesting stages this year.

Lots of variety.

Many of the so-called sprinters stages are not straightforward. A number of them are uphill sprints. It's going to make things very interesting, evening things up a bit for more people to think they have a chance besides the traditional big boys.

My parents have won Luthansa business class tickets to use in the next 12 months. With business class comes 32kg of baggage, I thought that would be perfect to take bikes along.

Do you think its worth going to the Tour or Vuelta? Also any recommendations for tour companies? Parents would cycle to next place, just someone to bring the suitcases... 

My parents have won Luthansa business class tickets to use in the next 12 months. With business class comes 32kg of baggage, I thought that would be perfect to take bikes along.

Do you think its worth going to the Tour or Vuelta? Also any recommendations for tour companies? Parents would cycle to next place, just someone to bring the suitcases...

Vuelta is far more spectator-friendly

Lots of selfies possible with the PROs

France obviously a security hot spot too

The bigger stars won't be there though

But Nibali might be ????

Vuelta is far more spectator-friendly

Lots of selfies possible with the PROs

France obviously a security hot spot too

The bigger stars won't be there though

But Nibali might be ????

I'd be hugely conflicted though if I were in Savage's parents position. It is something of a once in a lifetime trip/opportunity. Both races are great and both countries is just so beautiful. There would have to be a deal breaker and speaking personally it's the TdF's history and drama that'll make go for it rather than the Vuelta! However neither is a bad choice!

Savage good luck in helping your folks choose. That's a tough decision to make!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile.....

Nairo Quintana (Movistar) came into the Route du Sud with bib number 1 on his back and the aim to ramp up his preparation for the Tour de France, but most expected him to show himself later in the week when the race hits the Pyrenees. But the Colombian had other ideas, and entered into the day's breakaway, spending 150km off the front and mopping up enough time bonuses to sit third overall after the bunch sprint finale.

Meanwhile.....

Nairo Quintana (Movistar) came into the Route du Sud with bib number 1 on his back and the aim to ramp up his preparation for the Tour de France, but most expected him to show himself later in the week when the race hits the Pyrenees. But the Colombian had other ideas, and entered into the day's breakaway, spending 150km off the front and mopping up enough time bonuses to sit third overall after the bunch sprint finale.

Yoh.. he is definitely on a mission

I was at the start in Utrecht last year and followed the tour in  Belgium .Every town has Le Tour fever and every TV is tuned on the tour all day .The commentary is unique to every area and they have interviews over a glass of wine with the riders in the evenings that we don,t see .The public dust of their handcrafted steel bike and show them of everywhere.On my to do list ,is to be in the Alps  when ride the famous col,s