• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he is a toilet brush in his spare time...

post-77414-0-99081100-1468307084_thumb.jpg

He's just one packet of hair-dye away from being a muppet.....

Was catching up on the podcast tonight and Sky have a camper/van whatever solely for washing machines, one for each rider.

which podcast..the ASO one. been following the cycling central (aussie one. but not sure i will continue as they're doing halfbaked daily ones now. they used to put a lot more effort into it including a skit called Froomie and Roomie which was richie porte's audio diary(and blerrie funny)

I reckon there are a few rider that will fancy their chances today..

If Cummings finds himself in the break and they stay away.. he will be licking his lips.

But I reckon a lot of riders will be gunning to get into the break, Sagan (has to go fetch points) and Alaphilippe will also be eyeing the break.

don't think DDD will be allowed to steal more limelight, supposed to share the spoils a bit more than they did in the first week!

if Cav plans on staying to Paris he will have to really follow Sagan around, but I don't know he really really battled with the first climbs of the last 2 stages.. maybe the rest day would've helped him a bit.

wonder how much renshaw pulling out affects Cav wanting to go all the way to champs ellyse champs ullyses Paris?

Will Le Coq finally get his stage today:

http://medias.lequipe.fr/img-photo-jpg/bryan-coquard-s-est-largement-impos/1500000000645193/143:73,1887:951-665-335-70/5a319.jpg

Edited by Cav'

which podcast..the ASO one. been following the cycling central (aussie one. but not sure i will continue as they're doing halfbaked daily ones now. they used to put a lot more effort into it including a skit called Froomie and Roomie which was richie porte's audio diary(and blerrie funny)

I listen to "The Cycling Podcast", the team is made up of Richard Moore, Lionel Birnie and Daniel Friebe.  I highly recommend them,  they have really good insight, are able to get some amazing interviews how they get them I have no clue, but great interviews.  They also have special guests on (the guy from Race Radio/Ciro from Gazzetta and plenty more) etc.  Good mixture of great info and humour etc.

They so a podcast after every stage and then they also have a km0 episode it's also quite entertaining.

http://thecyclingpodcast.com/

Edited by Gen

I've been picturing what a descent like that one tomorrow must be like: basically non-stop for 60km and dropping 2 vertical kilometres in altitude.

60km should be nearly an hour of solid descending, eish.

It must start getting pretty uncomfortable after a while, trying to hold the tuck for so long. Might even start wishing for a bit of climbing relief.

yoh. 

first 34km from the summit is at 4,7% down.

then 1,8% for the next 10,

next 17 is 0,8% down so could maybe come back there if you don't work.

Was catching up on the podcast tonight and Sky have a camper/van whatever solely for washing machines, one for each rider. 

Were they not told last year that they could not have a Camper van for Porte as it was using up  to much space in the race village ? (Porte prefered sleeping in a camper van than a Hotel )

I predict a very boring day in the peloton today, and a crash in the sprint finish as prospects for sprint wins in this year's tour is getting thin.  The Gorilla is still without a win, and neither Kittel, Cav and Coquard is gonna gift him a win. 

Were they not told last year that they could not have a Camper van for Porte as it was using up  to much space in the race village ? (Porte prefered sleeping in a camper van than a Hotel )

it wasn't quite a camper van lol it was a Lux Bus ha ha yes Porte used it during the Giro, but they said no no no for the TDF

this is an extra camper that just has washing machines in it.. 1 for each rider.. obviously to avoid spread of bacteria.. those marginal gains

Edited by Gen

Will Le Coq finally get his stage today:

http://medias.lequipe.fr/img-photo-jpg/bryan-coquard-s-est-largement-impos/1500000000645193/143:73,1887:951-665-335-70/5a319.jpg

I hope so

But it seems Kittel is rising again

And Mark The Missile will be keen for #30

I hope so

But it seems Kittel is rising again

And Mark The Missile will be keen for #30

Speaking of Kitten., Kittel did some good work for Dan-The-Man the other day..

Edited by Gen

Speaking of Kitten., Kittel did some good work for Dan-The-Man the other day..

One of the reasons why Quick-Step remains my favourite team. Such an awesome team spirit - no prima donnas there, no overblown egos - everyone (including the big stars) will bury themselves for each other depending on who is the best prospect for the win on the day.

A legend like Tom Boonen working happily as a domestique for someone like Matteo Trentin in a race. Kittel doing the same for DTM. Lefevere and his DS team seem to have the magic touch when it comes to pulling a team together.

One of the reasons why Quick-Step remains my favourite team. Such an awesome team spirit - no prima donnas there, no overblown egos - everyone (including the big stars) will bury themselves for each other depending on who is the best prospect for the win on the day.

A legend like Tom Boonen working happily as a domestique for someone like Matteo Trentin in a race. Kittel doing the same for DTM. Lefevere and his DS team seem to have the magic touch when it comes to pulling a team together.

And they all seem genuinely happy.. DTM is a new man since he joined.

See why you guys should listen to the podcast.. they had a great interview with Lefevere when they signed DTM.

Edited by Gen