• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Dutch site is claiming winds up to 70 km/h. I think that's exaggerating things a bit.

Windfinder is saying sustained speeds of around 30 km/h with gusts up to 45 km/h. But look at the arrows - pretty much a cross tailwind all the way down the course (refer to map below).

The course is obviously not a perfect straight line. So they'll get crosswinds whenever the road bends north or south.

The DS's should have this map on their dashboards - to know when the road is going to change direction & so when their team needs to be on the front at these critical times.

post-22004-0-05150000-1468410227_thumb.jpg

EWP ????

I can already hear Nairo cursing of it happens [emoji23] [emoji23]

Still around 12kms of climbing at roughly 9% if the race stops at the chalet rather than all the way to the top of ventoux... plenty of bleeding eyes and attacks can be done

Still around 12kms of climbing at roughly 9% if the race stops at the chalet rather than all the way to the top of ventoux... plenty of bleeding eyes and attacks can be done

Conditions would have to be very bad for them not to finish on top hey... doubt it will get that bad lol

Conditions would have to be very bad for them not to finish on top hey... doubt it will get that bad lol

The wind gets up to 250kph up top. Nairo would be blown back to Colombia!

no trees, no nothing up there but a barren landscape, nothing to stop the wind.  I was fortunate to climb it with very little wind and even then gusts could catch you... and is damn cold up at the top even in the middle of summer.

If there is any sort of strong wind, it could well become a factor/tactic the last 6kms or so

User Actions  
Follow

Robbie McEwenVerified account
‏@mcewenrobbie
Stage 11 Carcassone - Montpellier heads ENE, wind howling from WNW up to 70km/h. This stage just became one of the most important of #TdF16

What's with all the crashes?! Anybody got live visuals yet?

Bennet fell down a ditch and Pinot followed... the others - I didn't see

As for the front of the peloton we have sky, Etixx, tinkoff and Katusha .. DD ( looks like Eisel and Cav sure the others are there too, I just can't see them) sitting close behind them

As for the front of the peloton we have sky, Etixx, tinkoff and Katusha .. DD ( looks like Eisel and Cav sure the others are there too, I just can't see them) sitting close behind them

And our Maincheese?

Hopefully safely tucked up behind Greipel or anyone else of similar size.  :whistling:

Archived