kristoff slammed his bars when taking the bunch sprint

He's having a nightmare of a Tour

Not even within a sniff of a podium step

Who?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Movistar was sticking to their tactic of following wheels, if one can even call it tactics. They did nothing when the break went. Quintana deserves zero respect so far, imo.

On the other hand given movistars history with wind they will be happy not to have lost a bigger chunk of time..

But what boggles the mind is they known this is an issue for them, but still they don't go to the tour with 2 more big guys that are diesel engines that can keep Nairo at the front in conditions like they had yesterday.

One thing that Froome showed is that not only is he very attentive and positioned right he is strong, to be able to make the jump to Sagan and stay there is not an easy thing to do.

As for energy expended it wasn't as if the bunch were cruising, they were working very hard to try and reel The Sagan group back.. so Nairo would've also spent he same amount of energy as Froome.

And today they do it again... big crosswinds expected on route to Ventoux.

Damn I can hardly wait.. again.[emoji23] [emoji23]

Best bit about yesterday, was Froome going for the line against Sagan, cheeky has hell, I think Sagan liked that :)

kristoff slammed his bars when taking the bunch sprint

He's having a nightmare of a Tour

Not even within a sniff of a podium step

A lot of the guys would've been very frustrated today.. I am surprised hey aren't complaining about the stage yet.

And this that DD are saying Cav was taken out because of a mechanical and couldn't contest it is BS. There was no bringing those leading 4 back. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Cav doesn't start today... he can't beat the record, the greem jersey is safely on sagans back and putting himself through the next week will hurt his Rio track prep

But the peloton should know by now.. how much time does Sagan need to hold off the bunch... 18 seconds.. you give him 18 seconds from that far out and he is gone.. give him 3 other riders that will work with him and he only needs 6seconds.

Movistar was sticking to their tactic of following wheels, if one can even call it tactics. They did nothing when the break went. Quintana deserves zero respect so far, imo.

Agree, all tho I would not say NQ deserves zero respect, he could have lost more time yesterday.

You would think they would keep a closer eye on Froome... Is that a sign of confidence perhaps?

Thank you Sky and Mr Froome for the new tactics, no more robotics...

The way he is currently riding this year's TdF has been incredible and very smart. Quintana and Movistar have been dismal In their marking of him and have yet to actually test him. I think that Froome has got this in the bag. Everyone else is racing for second!

Oooo, careful making predictions :)

Look at me yesterday: about 20 km to go the peloton were together again, guys at the back looking relaxed for the first time the whole day, so I said it looks like we're in for a bunch sprint.

Just a minute or so later all hell broke loose and we saw something no-one could have predicted.

I saw my arse there with that prediction :D.

And that was just in 20 km of racing - imagine what the whole of the 3rd week is going to be like!

Still many more twists and turns to come between here and Paris.

Best bit about yesterday, was Froome going for the line against Sagan, cheeky has hell, I think Sagan liked that :)

Lol ja.. he was after more time bonuses.. but Sagan said in the presser that he was happy for Bodnar to take it.. but when Froome started the sprint he had to go and get the win..

Ja from Sagans interview he didn't have any problem with that since he knew the Dawg was going for max. time gains there. He didn't have a problem because Froome and G both emptied themselves for the cause as well, so in that case then everyone deserves to have an honest crack at the line.

Talking of confidence...... watching Froome trying to out sprint Sagan....for a second I thought Froome might get it right and the Sagan thought WTF?? and accelerated ????

Ja from Sagans interview he didn't have any problem with that since he knew the Dawg was going for max. time gains there. He didn't have a problem because Froome and G both emptied themselves for the cause as well, so in that case then everyone deserves to have an honest crack at the line.

I think Sagan really enjoyed that..not just that he won but I think the whole situation gave him a lot of pleasure.

I watched it again and Tossatto set it up he was the one that really turned the crank.. but he apparently had a small mechanical and it stopped him from from breaking with Bodnar and Sagan. In the end experience in situations like these to see the opportunity and make things happen means a lot. And they don't come more experienced than Tossatto.

If what Oleg said is true and if Sagan has already signed with Bora and if the rumour is true that Tony MARTIN has also signed with Bora.. wow it will be amazing to see those 2 crank it up together next season.. not to mention the other riders that Sagan will take with him, and Bodnar is apparently one of them.. and we know Juraj kills himself for his Brother... bring on the spring classics.

Those whom hate Froome after this TDF will never like him . At least they won't be able to use the "Skyborg" "Boring" "Predictable" slants anymore. 

He has made this years TDF so much more interesting to watch compared to the normal script. I am diggin it. 

Those whom hate Froome after this TDF will never like him . At least they won't be able to use the "Skyborg" "Boring" "Predictable" slants anymore.

He has made this years TDF so much more interesting to watch compared to the normal script. I am diggin it.

Absolutely.. he is definitely not waiting for certain things before making his move.. seizing every opportunity.

Now I am not sure if he is a little concerned about Nairo in the mtns that he is taking this approach.. but hell it is entertaining to watch.

Oh make no mistake about it, they will pop up the moment Quintana attacks him in the mountains....

If you hate for the sake of hate you will always hate, nothing will change that. Hate is an ugly thing.

Oooo, careful making predictions :)

Look at me yesterday: about 20 km to go the peloton were together again, guys at the back looking relaxed for the first time the whole day, so I said it looks like we're in for a bunch sprint.

Just a minute or so later all hell broke loose and we saw something no-one could have predicted.

I saw my arse there with that prediction :D.

And that was just in 20 km of racing - imagine what the whole of the 3rd week is going to be like!

Still many more twists and turns to come between here and Paris.

Well it's so far so good! :whistling:

I feel that there are some similarities between this year's TdF and the 2011 edition when Cadel Evans won. So far, ito GC, it has been Froome that has been the stand out rider (and I'm not talking about being in yellow) just as Cadel Evans was the stand out rider in 2011. The real difference is that Evans marked all the right moves and made sure he was on the pointy end of all the main break or make stages whereas this year Froome has been making all the right moves.

Froome also sits with a team that is super well managed and has plans upon plans covering all the bases. It's pretty much advantage Froome, everyone else is playing catch up. Very hard to see Froome stuffing this up but yes, such an event however unlikely, can still occur.

Besides it's the Tour de France, anything can, and generally does, happen.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

And Movistart bitchin how unsafe the route was yesterday ... only because they slipped up. Joining Etix as wingers of the tour so far...

Adverse conditions brings out the real champs.

Archived