check his strava :whistling:

Speaking of..

This is now the 3e stage where he doesn't check his stem during the critical moments[emoji6] .. I knew he could do it..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Trek Race report...

http://www.treksegafredo.com/news/tour-de-france-mollema-involved-late-freak-crash-motorbike

He clears up a lot... also I think in all the confusion he just acted .. get up and pedal.

"It's special" is what BM keeps saying. He refers to the event as 'a crash', like it's your usual run of the mill crash. He even suggests that if someone else loses time from a crash, whether their time will be adjusted? What makes it sad is that he was there and saw first hand that RP and CF rode into the back of a stationary camera bike. Then later he mentions the problems with the crowds and the need for barriers further down! So what's up with his tweet then????

"It's special" is what BM keeps saying. He refers to the event as 'a crash', like it's your usual run of the mill crash. He even suggests that if someone else loses time from a crash, whether their time will be adjusted? What makes it sad is that he was there and saw first hand that RP and CF rode into the back of a stationary camera bike. Then later he mentions the problems with the crowds and the need for barriers further down! So what's up with his tweet then????

Why one shouldn't tweet before you have calmed down.. emotional tweet is my conclusion..

And Pinot has abandoned the TDF

THIBAUT PINOT ABANDONS THE TOUR DE FRANCE

Thibaut Pinot was supposed to wear the French champion jersey for time trial but he won't. He suffers from bronhitis and has decided to pull out of the Tour de France.

Froome did really well to not have a sense of humor failure and gooi the thing away,

If that was me I woulda chucked it back at the mavic car... Or put it down on the ground and jump up and down on it

Mavic, please pick up your name from Mont Ventoux. From my recollection in the Ride mag, approx 80% of the teams use shimano. Why do they only cater for 20% or less compatibility?

I'm a Mavic fan, but after that incident, Tour organizers should reconsider what equipment is available as a "neutral" option.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/07/news/more-details-of-froome-crash-from-mavic-neutral-service_414703

THIBAUT PINOT ABANDONS THE TOUR DE FRANCE

Thibaut Pinot was supposed to wear the French champion jersey for time trial but he won't. He suffers from bronhitis and has decided to pull out of the Tour de France.

Mavic, please pick up your name from Mont Ventoux. From my recollection in the Ride mag, approx 80% of the teams use shimano. Why do they only cater for 20% or less compatibility?

I'm a Mavic fan, but after that incident, Tour organizers should reconsider what equipment is available as a "neutral" option.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/07/news/more-details-of-froome-crash-from-mavic-neutral-service_414703

I read somewhere that for the Giro (or was it Vuelta??), that neutral back up car has got a bike specifically set up for the leader of the tour, so that if he does have any problems, he has a bike to use...

Mavic had other bikes with different sizes and cleat options. Because it was that close to the finish they took the bike that was easiest to get off the roof, so that Chris could get going again. Was not a wise move, given the impact! If they had taken the extra couple of seconds to give him a proper bike, it would've made for a far better advertisement.

Mavic had other bikes with different sizes and cleat options. Because it was that close to the finish they took the bike that was easiest to get off the roof, so that Chris could get going again. Was not a wise move, given the impact! If they had taken the extra couple of seconds to give him a proper bike, it would've made for a far better advertisement.

Exactly!

I was hoping to find a pic of De Gendt and Pauwels when they were basically stopped in their tracks at one point on Ventoux by a solid wall of people who weren't moving. The two were looking around, weaving left and right a couple of times to see if a gap would open somewhere, and then eventually found a way to get going again.

I'm sure we all agree that having the crowds on these mountain passes really adds to the magic of the TDF (and the other big races). Over the years it's been awesome to watch, and really takes the excitement of a mountain top finish to a new level. It's flipping awesome, and so unique. No other sport can really compare to it.

BUT

Surely we can also all agree that spectators should only there to 'spectate'. When they're shouting support and encouragement from the sidelines, they're adding to the spectacle.

But when they're running into the road, hitting and pushing riders, causing accidents, spitting and throwing piss on people, they are now ruining the spectacle by literally affecting the outcome of the race by their actions. Surely we can all agree that when this happens, a line has been crossed and it becomes a problem that needs to be addressed immediately?

We might think we know the answers, sitting here in front of the telly thousands of kilometres away. But how about we actually stop and listen to the riders who are going through this shite? They are all saying the same thing: that things are really bad for them, that things are getting worse, the whole 'selfie craze' and the hitting and slapping of riders is worse than ever before, too many accidents with motorbikes, and that please could something be done about it. Is that not a reasonable request from them? Where I stand it's a helluva insensitive, dismissive and arrogant thing to say, "It's just racing, stop being a cry baby, suck it up and get over it. Get hit and slapped, have blind drunk louts run into you so that they can get a selfie with you, I couldn't care, that's all a part of racing."

Every single rider who has been interviewed has said the same thing. Over the last few years the situation has deteriorated. I've been watching this race for over 20 years, and I agree, it has become worse. And I for one, as an ardent fan of this sport, would prefer to let the riders decide who wins the race than a bunch of out-of-control 'fans'.

1000 likes

The big losers yesterday was the riders that attacked and gave us a race and the true fans that wanted to see a proper battle all the way to the line.

I just hope they are not too sore from the crash and it ends up having a impact on their TT.

Any stream/feed available yet? Timing?

C'mon Friday go faster!

sorry I would help you but I am serving my time penalty :ph34r:

No

Don't think there are live pics yet

Archived