Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

Ahg man - my attention span towards work related stuff deflects to zero...

Checked Meerendal this morning. Loose gravel on hard pack - my favorite recipe for disaster. 

A very thin line between going fast and a slipping front wheel.

We all know - 'You can't win the Epic on the Prologue.. bla bla', but hey - it's the only stage with family and friends at the side line. Don't want to go slow either, right? 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rode at Meerendal and Hoogekraal on Wed, quite blown out but not bad. Forecast says it will be windy. 

I'm getting excited for everyone doing the Epic!  We're right behind the Commodore Hotel and this morning they were setting up everything with banners etc.  I always enjoy seeing everyone coming in for the start of the race :D  

Will be cheering on at the Prologue this Sunday :thumbup:

Good luck to all of you competing in the Epic next week. You are privileged, never forget that, and make it count. Special good luck to Diesel and Hein from Team  8586. Gee gas!

Meerendal is my home trail. Consider what you've sampled on Wed good condition - it's usually in a far worse state. It always gets f;lack for being boring but it's fast, the climbs are tough and loose surface sees people hit the deck often. Be cautious but not overly so. We start at 08:21:40

Meerendal is my home trail. Consider what you've sampled on Wed good condition - it's usually in a far worse state. It always gets f;lack for being boring but it's fast, the climbs are tough and loose surface sees people hit the deck often. Be cautious but not overly so. We start at 08:21:40

Watch your back Aaron_B, we're off at 08:23:20!

Thanks Disylizzy and Lighthousing - it is indeed a massive privilege to be there.

Looking back over the last nine months, it's been an incredible journey. From securing an entry, raising the funds to pay for it, through the long hot days on the bike in December and January, the "I-almost-blew-it-on-that-corner" moments of the last few weeks, and the 48-hour days of this week where time seems to stand still.

See you on Sunday!

Conservative approach is our strategy, the stakes are just to high. WE HAVE TO FINISH, else all the hard work, money and sacrifice will be for nothing. I wish you all the best, hope to see some of you on-route.

Very excited!  My much lighter and fitter brother is going to kill me, but still looking forward to it.  He has youthful exuberance and I have experience... will have to see which one prevails at day 7 of ACE2016!

The excitement in and around the city is tangible. Counting down @capeepic @lumenpretoria. See y'all at registration tomorrow.

post-42706-0-98709900-1457727526_thumb.jpeg

Good luck to all, just remember when things get tough you could be sitting at the office wishing you were out riding... :thumbup:

Guest notmyname

Joh. Tick tock boys and girls. Have a blast and be safe out there.

Good luck to all, just remember when things get tough you could be sitting at the office wishing you were out riding... :thumbup:

so true,must remember that phrase.

Good luck guys!

Where are the best spectator points and how do I get there?

I know how to get to Meerendal

Archived