Fuel Per Race

Oh ok cool so the 60-90g rule is only for when you going balls out? 

Yeah the reason we taking it easy is to stop at quiet a few water points hydrate and take in the vibe a bit. Enjoy the ride rather than race for time, there are other races we will do that in.

Yup - the 1g/kg/hour rule is only for hard racing - ie. over a 7 on a perceived effort scale of 1 - 10

Of course - you could average 45kph between water points... then you can revise it... :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where can I get hold of this superbar to try it out? Do you know if there are any retailers in PTA yet. I don't want to order a box and then I don't like it.

I will probably get some next year when I'm in CT for the CTCT to test.

Do you know if they will perhaps have a stand at the expo?

You can contact me :) I have some stock with me, otherwise The Trailhead.

The brand is still too small so have a stand at the Expo, maybe next year.

I can meet you at registration if you would like.

Edit: dont know hoe this got in there again..I can meet you at the 

I can meet you at the 

I went on the website you posted and it looks like my kind of product. You say Trailhead stocks it? Will go there on Sunday and check it out. I am Pretoria based but will go do the Spruit this weekend. Thanks for the info.

Had my first try at the Cadence Nutrition bars called CarboFuel.

Man o man I am going to get fat because of these things.  hahahha

Very good tasting.  Soft nougat based with berries in.

This is my new favourite!! 

I went on the website you posted and it looks like my kind of product. You say Trailhead stocks it? Will go there on Sunday and check it out. I am Pretoria based but will go do the Spruit this weekend. Thanks for the info.

If you don't come right, let me know.

I'm not an expert, but that sure is a lot. Do you get sponser(ed) by cadence? lol

I've heard about the 60-90g/h, but struggle to get that much in.

I will have a nice bowl of muesli and yoghurt about 1.5 h before we start and 1 slice of bread with Nutella (dik gepak).

In the pens, about 10 mins before the start I will have a banana and then 1 (600ml) High 5 and 1 (600ml) water. 1x Farbar- about 40 mins into the race and a gel at 2h10 ish. somewhere inbetween I'll take a banana.

I will definitely be under 3H but aim for sub 2h50.

I'm with you. I've tried many things on races, even done a few on only Energade/Oros. But what I have found is the more important part for me is breakfast though. If I have a good breakfast, eg toast with eggs etc 2:30-3 hours before the race then I need very little during the race. I've done only two 94.7's, both between 2:40 and 2:50, but generally only eat a bar/chocolate or two in the first 2 hours and a gel later on. One bottle with USN or something and the other water. I weigh in at about 85-87kg, for me the race is a bit short to digest all the carbs and stuff so try and keep it to a minimum. But I then do eat a burger or two and have some coke before the second loop...won't make another 95kms on bars and gels.

Edit: dont know hoe this got in there again..I can meet you at the 

send you a pm

pb&j sandwitches.... :)

Ooooooooooooooh, that's A CLOSE SECOND.  :thumbup:

I am also partial to jelly babies and almonds (though, not simultaneously).

Archived